Jan 30, 2009

When I was little, I would build inspiration boards on whatever piece of cork I could find.  They became the mediums of self expression and cheer, packed with cards, scraps of wrapping paper, fabric, dried flowers, love notes.  I still have an inspiration board (It’s almost as big as the kitchen table now). I will try to get good photos of it for an upcoming post. In the meantime, I wanted to share with you some other boards I spotted around the Internet this week. Which image do you like the best? (The full moon on d.Sharp’s board especially caught my eye.) xoxo

2. Coach (via Bandelle)

This entry was posted on Friday, January 30th, 2009 at 9:06 am. It is filed under Decor. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

7 Responses to “What’s Your Inspiration?”

1. Laura says:

Hmm, I can’t decide! But I am a poster child for indecision…

I recently posted some pics of my inspiration board in response to a tag, it’s rather spartan when compared to these examples…now I’m motivated to fill it up…

Anyway, just discovered your blog, I really like it!

2. ERG says:

The vintage-y goodness of the third board is my favorite. Love it!

3. random moments says:

Have always wanted an inspiration board and shall have one soon! I just moved into a new home, with my first craft room ever!

The images are a tie between one & two. *le sigh*

4. ...love Maegan says:

I love these. I’m a fan of inspiration boards too.. ..can’t wait to see yours~!

5. Annabelle says:

I was so similar, I loved (and still love) doing collages of my favourite images. Things I loved, wanted, places I wanted to visit etc.. Its nice. I love just starting with a blank corkboard and building on it with beautiful images and thoughts and quotations.

6. Tessa says:

Oh! Wonderful inspirations! I love them all – so eclectic and definitely inspiring. I think probably, if I had to make a choice, it would be #3. I love the Magritte pipe amongst this whimsical and aesthetically appealing board.

7. EclecticEffluence says:

I can’t pick. I like them all. I’m an inspiration board person. Mine often comes out in the form of a decoupage though. Magazine clippings and other mixed media make up my walls.