Mar 10, 2009

Photobucket

Who do you want to invite? What shall we serve?? (Macarons and champagne?) And what albums should we play on the stereo? Oh so many decisions….

PS: I love this GIF, built by the very beautiful and clever Katarina at Lolita. I’m showcasing several of her GIFs on my blog this week! Scroll down for more surprises!

UPDATE: The talent Tina Tarnoff said…
I think we would have to invite Oscar Wilde, because he knows how to enjoy his champagne, and would be the wit of the party, Julian Schnabel to bring some artistic bad temper and excitement, Tallulah Bankhead for some passionate table dancing, Simone de Beauvoir for brains and early morning philosophical discussions, and Henry Miller for a bit of controversy. Oh, yes, and we would play Cinematic Orchestra – Live at Albert Hall, and I think we would be most happy drinking champagne and eating macarons all night.

And from the lovely Giulia:…
Agree with Tina about guests. So that’s done. (with additions at some point). Macarons & champagne, great. But I would like some savories…will stinky cheese be allowed? If so, it wouldn’t be terribly awful, but I do like Fourme d’Ambert & since we’re fantasizing & it’s gone up to about $19/lb, I’d love to pretend to have it. Or bleu d’Auvergne (which is from near where I lived in France). Also what about oysters (so good with champagne)? OK, past lunchtime on East Coast, that’s quite obvious. Happy planning. xo

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 10th, 2009 at 3:10 pm. It is filed under Decor. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

12 Responses to “Let’s throw a dinner party…”

1. Magchunk says:

Hey, I just clicked over via A Cup of Jo (your ad worked!) and I love what I’ve read so far! Would you mind if I added you to my blog roll? You should check out my blog too… we seem to have some similar tastes!

xoxo

2. Tina says:

Thank you! I would love to exchange links! I love Joanna at A Cup of Jo. she’s a blogging goddess!! I’m in awe of her 1500+ followers!! wow!

3. The Wanderers' Daughter says:

I absolutely love those GIFs as well.

4. Tina Tarnoff says:

I think we would have to invite Oscar Wild, because he knows how to enjoy his champagne, and would be the wit of the party, Julian Schnabel to bring some artistic bad temper and excitement, Tallulah Bankhead for some passionate table dancing, Simone de Beauvoir for brains and early morning philosophical discussions, and Henry Miller for a bit of controversy. Oh, yes, and we would play Cinematic Orchestra – Live at Albert Hall, and I think we would be most happy drinking champagne and eating macarons all night.

5. giulia says:

Agree with Tina about guests. So that's done. (with additions at some point). Macarons & champagne, great. But I would like some savories…will stinky cheese be allowed? If so, it wouldn't be terribly awful, but I do like Fourme d'Ambert & since we're fantasizing & it's gone up to about $19/lb, I'd love to pretend to have it. Or bleu d'Auvergne (which is from near where I lived in France). Also what about oysters (so good with champagne)? OK, past lunchtime on East Coast, that's quite obvious. Happy planning. xo

6. Clare says:

Love al lof the guets. How about adding Danny Devito because we can ask him to bring over some of his Limoncellos..oh, and also one of his co-stars Kathleen Turner. She seems to have loose lips and will dish on some actors.

Let’s add Colin Firth, Julian McMahon and Brad Pitt so we can get them to join in on a game of Twister. Oh, I just cheapened the party. sorry!

7. Tina says:

Ha! we’ll have to have security at the door to keep out the paparazzi!

8. Anna says:

I’d love to bring a most rich and springy champagne strawberry torte…would you let a midwestern mother of two and language teacher sneak in for a while? Sounds like the place to be!

9. Zoe says:

I vote for Tina Tarnoff’s guest list and Giulia’s menu. Those cheeses, whatever their aroma, are divine and so good with the champagne we must have by the magnum. One suggestion–drop Henry Miller. The guy was a total pig.

10. Joanna Goddard says:

ha, i love that top image, so cool!

11. *moggit girls says:

Well, we would invite George– on that we both agree.

Love your blog, adding it to our “We Get You” blg roll.

Joy and Janet
    xoxo

12. The Cottage Cheese says:

May I come? Sounds like a lovely evening. I’ll bring fancy cheese (it’s one of my very favorite things in life).

All content © 2016 by English Muse