Apr 20, 2009

garden

Palm Springs this weekend was out of the question…But Huntington Gardens was a lovely alternative…

garden

Amid this serenity I reached an important conclusion: I’m ditching the damn Sitemeter. Life is better lived without it. It’s more productive watching the clouds move across the sky…

gardens

How are you?

This entry was posted on Monday, April 20th, 2009 at 2:38 am. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

41 Responses to “De-stress”

1. victoria thorne says:

my thoughts exactly. out in garden today: world is too lovely to let some of this get in our way…

must always believe the best is yet so come, and there’s no statistic that can promise that…

adore what you are doing. ms. muse is brilliant. no surprise!

crush is mutual!

2. Petunia says:

Huntington Gardens is so lovely and what a grand day to visit! Is it Spring or Summer in SoCal.? Whatever it is, my gardens love it!

3. LENORENEVERMORE says:

LOVELY!!!
    I used to watch the ‘flows’on sitememter when first installed, nowadays I rather visit beautiful blogs such as yours…time is really too precious non?! ~XO*

4. Tina says:

i agree!! i took both sitemeter and google analytics off my bookmark bar tonight…my goal is to look at them every six months! otherwise, i’ll just fixate on them and it makes me CRAZY!

i feel better already. i love you all, by the way.

5. Tina says:

oh, and ms. lenore, when’s the next installment in the cute dentist chronicles?

6. Little Gray Pixel says:

Sitemeter is the bane of my existence, too. Maybe if I just don’t check for a week …

7. Tina says:

when i first installed it, i was completely transfixed….then i was checking it every hour. then i started to stalk it.

i've lost hours, days even…i want to be free, i tell you!

< /sitemeter>!

8. Sydnie says:

I love your blog!
    xoxo

9. Tina says:

oh, thank you sydnie!

10. The Wanderers' Daughter says:

…I’m still dreaming of Palm Springs. Oh, man, I could use a shot of desert right about now.
    But on the plus side…it finally felt like spring today.

11. Lily Penelope says:

3 days at the Lake Maggiore watching boats conquering liquid space. There I was more into the “wind-meter”!!Now I’m back into the virtual measurements! What a waste!

12. Rachael Kearley says:

Huntington Gardens looks beautiful! I enjoyed a weekend on the front porch watch passersby and catching up with some of my fav mags.
    Lovely photos!
    xx

13. Brian Miller says:

glad you had a beautiful day, and found freedom from the site meter, lol.

14. erin says:

love these photos. so glad to hear that you had a lovely weekend away from the computer screen! and even gladder that you shared pictures of it for me to see on a dreary monday morning! xo, erin

15. REread says:

pretty Polaroids…

16. giulia says:

Oh heck. I don't have site meter but I do have feedburner/google analytics. I only use the feedburner to, well, burn the feed. I wanted to learn about this stuff. But the other stuff? It's on there & I look at it once in awhile. But I guess I just found out the one "advantage" (I'd love to do without it, then) of dial-up. Just visiting people's sites is difficult enough. To burn a feed can take an hour or more (yes!)…so you don't even want to know what it's like to look at graphs & so on.

Speaking of cute dentists (you were), I'll be seeing him soon. I've bit through my nightguard. There's a cracked tooth & I feel horrible. Yep, stress. I applaud your decision, la Musette.

xoxo, Snaggletooth Susie

17. Rosemildo Sales Furtado says:

Olá Tina! O stress é um direito de tudo e de todos. É a natureza!

Beijos,

Furtado.

18. C. Schjoth says:

Love the pictures! The architecture of these buildings are so wonderful. I wish more modern buildings and homes took more pride in the aesthetics. Buildings of today are so plan and uninteresting. If you like check out my blog I think you may find it interesting.

19. - Renée - says:

beautiful pictures!

20. miranda says:

So much more beauty in trees and clouds than in numbers. . .and so much more serenity. We readers shouldn’t be the only ones to enjoy your lovely blog.

21. Rebecca says:

looks like you had an amazing weekend.

22. Charlie says:

Hi Tina, Lovely pictures, I had forgotten how fun polaroids can be. I hope you had a relaxing weekend.

23. Tina Tarnoff says:

I’m with you on that. Life is too beautiful to spend it watching the sitemeter. We should make t-shirts!

It’s so hot in San Franciso, we are not used to it! I don’t have enough hot weather clothes! Maybe I should go shopping, now there’s a thought. And a good excuse to make this monday more tolerable.

xoxox

24. avant garde says:

definitely ditch the site meter. our sunday was getting our first ice-cream of the season, raking in the yard and eggs benedict for brunch, not bad. looks like yours was relaxing too! :)

25. Visual Vamp says:

Darling,
    With over 1000 Followers I hardly think you need site meter to validate your wonderful blog ha ha!
    Glad you went out and about.
    xo xo

26. P. says:

I have a love/hate relationship with sitemeter. While it satisfies my blog stalking tendencies, it also makes me completely crazy/paranoid/anxious. When I get too neurotic about it, I go outside and stick my spade in the dirt and pretend I’m gardening.

27. Darrah says:

You make me want to go on vacation!! I can’t wait for this quarter to be over!

28. Jen says:

Dear Tina, I dont have a clue what a sitemeter is but I will trust in your infinite wisdom – and ditching is appealing in this crazy world. while Palm springs may be in your future, I love the shots and light of the Huntington Gardens – feels so soft and dreamy.
    Adore your blog & your stylish point of view.

29. Laura [What I Like] says:

I LOVE Hungtinton Gardens…you are so lucky to have had such a beautiful day there. What on earth is a sitemeter?

30. Cynthia says:

Such a great reminder to stop, take a deep breath and look up at the sky. I know what you mean about the sitemeter. I am tempted to dump it as well.

31. Muppet Soul says:

Beautiful pictures…

Yeah, you probably would’ve MELTED this weekend if you went to Palm Springs.

As it is, I am hiding all day today and cursing the sun. I’ll fall back in love later in the week when it’s reasonable again.

32. Muppet Soul says:

Beautiful pictures…

Yeah, you probably would’ve MELTED this weekend if you went to Palm Springs.

33. Muppet Soul says:

Beautiful pictures…

Yeah, you probably would’ve MELTED this weekend if you went to Palm Springs.

34. Muppet Soul says:

Beautiful pictures…

Yeah, you probably would’ve MELTED this weekend if you went to Palm Springs.

35. Muppet Soul says:

Beautiful pictures…

Yeah, you probably would’ve MELTED this weekend if you went to Palm Springs.

36. Char says:

hello Ms. Tina – gorgeous shots milady. I’m ok if I can ever hear out of my left ear again. My weekend, however, was wonderful.

37. Clare says:

your blog is gorgeous. One of my favorites although I love all of my bloggy friends. You have over 1000 followers. That is so amazing. I have 49 and obsess about needing 100! psst send some over my way. hehe. No, seriously, life is too short. Good for you. I thought that last night while I was in my backyard staring at the beautiful stars

38. Tina says:

that’s so funny, because i’ve been obsessing over how i can steal about 1000 of joanna goddard’s. hah!
    blogs–at least ones like ours — shouldn’t be measured in terms of numbers…if at the end of the day i have ten readers like you guys. i’m happy!!!

39. Penney says:

I’d say you need never worry about statistics..Keep on keeping on..It’s awesome!!
    I’d love to see Huntington Gardens though. Looks lovely!!
    Penney

40. farmhouse wares says:

What a freeing idea to ditch the sitemeter! You’re my hero.

41. beryl h-c says:

i love your blog! so inspiring!
    ditching my sitemeter? ohh theres something i need to think about…
    so random i visited huntington gardens when i was 7 or 8 and i remember it to be just as beautiful as your pics!