Apr 03, 2009

sarah faust

I’m so looking forward to the weekend. What do you have planned? We were hoping to go to the beach on Saturday, but the it’s supposed to be a bit cloudy and chilly here in Los Angeles.

We’re still stuck between seasons, sort of like the sky in the photo above: a diptych of winter and spring. The photo is by the fantastic Sarah Faust, whose work (including the piece above) is being featured in the Catherine Edelman Gallery’s  online Chicago Project.

Maybe a visit to an art gallery would be a better choice than the beach…

This entry was posted on Friday, April 3rd, 2009 at 5:51 am. It is filed under Decor. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

37 Responses to “Friday, at last…”

1. Kathleen Elizabeth says:

cloudy and chilly in LA is like mid july in seattle 🙂 I would love to hit the beach or really go anywhere where it’s over forty degrees. alas, i’m working all weekend… the lovely result of having classes everyday and still needing money

2. trishiekoh says:

I’m meeting the girls for lunch tomorrow, really forward to that.
    A visit to the art gallery sounds lovely, have a good weekend!

3. Rachael Kearley says:

Throwing a girls night, pink drink, and pink balloons.
    It’s been a while since we’ve all relaxed and let loose just the girls. Hope your weekend goes well

4. Stylista says:

Hi I found you via Charlie’s Design and she is so right your blog is Fab! Will return with more time tomorrow(boss is staring my way). Beautiful…thrilled you are here.

Jacqueline

5. sofia barão says:

Bonjour Tina 🙂
    I arrived here and I’ve been reading your blog and loving it. Added you to my blogroll already hope you’ll like my blog.

Have a good weekend.
    Sofia

6. Jill of All Trades says:

We’re heading off to the cabin for yet another glorious weekend with friends. Hosting a BBQ Saturday for 15. Should be fun!

7. Jess says:

shopping for the house– fun fun 🙂 The beach sounds amazing– always so peaceful whether it is drizzling or the sun is shining. Maybe we’ll take a ride down to the east coast shore…

8. Mary says:

the beach sounds lovely! We will be sheltering inside from the rain!

9. The Cottage Cheese says:

I love these photographs. They feel very sweet, as if I’m a little girl and I snuck in to take a picture of my Nana while she was napping.

My sweetie and I haven’t made any weekend plans yet, although I’m sure we will hit an estate sale or two. Perhaps a hike in the rain would be romantic (it just will not stop raining here, and I’ve got cabin fever). Have a fun weekend Tina!

10. Becca says:

I found your blog and have been following it now for a couple of days. It is beautiful! I hope you find something fun to do over the weekend! A visit to an art gallery sounds wonderful!

11. M.Kerkmann says:

The weather here in Utah is apparently similar to yours. It’s been awful lately. For the past 3 weeks it’s been gorgeous during the week, and awful on the weekend. This past weekend was the exception, when it snowed all weekend, and still is cloudy and icky.

I can’t wait for the warm spring weather to start!

12. Penney says:

So..glad it’s the weekend! Raining in Boston for 2 days.. Won’t hurt us. Flowers come next! Mexican tonight!!! Can’t wait!! FUN!
    xo, and have a super weekend..relax, enjoy!
    Penney

13. DandAinNYC says:

I’ll be enjoying the first of my last 2 weekends in London before heading back to New York. The weather is absolutely lovely today, hopefully the trend will continue Sat/Sun so I can get out and explore!
    – Amy

14. Gina says:

possible snow here…ugh! BUT i’m taking a class on making soldered charms…i love learning new things!

have a good weekend, tina!

15. Joanna Goddard says:

i love those photos 🙂 we’re planning to go to a pink party tonight (where everyone wears pink!) and to dinner tomorrow. i really really hope the weather is nice! have a great weekend xoxo

16. marqués del Valle says:

Hi, dear. I discovered your blog a few days ago, and I want to say I just love it! I’ve become your Salvadoran fan! For real! I enjoy friday as much as you do, because we have sat and sun to do whatever we want! Best regards!

17. Eric224 says:

nice pictures tina and cool blog too

18. Charlie says:

The museum sounds lovely, especially if the weather is a factor. I am looking forward to catching up on emails and blog related fun stuff (joy). Whatever you decide to do, have a great weekend and have fun!

19. Amanda says:

Love your blog! it’s raining here too – hard. Hope the sun comes your way soon.

20. Nissa says:

I wouldn’t let clouds stop you from going to the beach. I find cloudy beach days instantly turn friends into the most amazing models. There is just something so appealing about the aesthetic of a navy sweater against the washed out colors of the beach and the gray sky. Although a museum visit sounds nice too. Why not do both? I’m sure there is something that isn’t quite “important” that you can put off until later. 🙂

21. Caroline @ patagonia gifts says:

No fixed plans for the weekend, only to relax and have as much fun as I can!
    Have a fantastic weekend you too, darling!
    xoxo

22. Char says:

I so want to break free this weekend…hope you enjoy yours.

23. Tina Tarnoff says:

Most probably just hangng around our neighborhood, North Beach, and having countless cups of coffee. I’ll try to sneak in some cake too:). Have a great weekend!
    xox

24. Absolutely Not Martha says:

beautiful photo. car shopping [ugh] and attending daughter’s ballet performance are on the agenda for this weekend. have a good one!

25. Tina says:

Many kisses! have a wonderful weekend!!

26. Joanna Jenkins says:

A nice nap, like maybe the woman in the picture is doing– is on my agenda! Enjoy your weekend.

27. Anonymous says:

LOVe LOVe LOVe your English Muse blog

28. Tina says:

thank you ms old soul charlot!

29. Hello Lindello says:

Thanks for the crush!! Glad you love the tin. I wish I had the option of going to the beach…still stuck in snow here! Love your blog!

30. - Renée - says:

Happy Friday! I’m going to see a Dance Show from university tomorrow night! It’s gonna be good! Other than that.. finish up projects for university.

31. Muppet Soul says:

Umm, you made my day.

I know that today and yesterday it was slightly overcast – but knowing it’s going to be a little bit chilly this weekend makes my day.

so I’m going to be enjoying not sweating!

Love that pic.

32. Muppet Soul says:

Umm, you made my day.

so I’m going to be enjoying not sweating!

Love that pic.

33. Muppet Soul says:

Umm, you made my day.

so I’m going to be enjoying not sweating!

Love that pic.

34. Muppet Soul says:

Umm, you made my day.

so I’m going to be enjoying not sweating!

Love that pic.

35. Muppet Soul says:

Umm, you made my day.

so I’m going to be enjoying not sweating!

Love that pic.

36. karina Manghi says:

I love the photo

37. I am Alive says:

Well, i think I am too late to tell you what was I planning for last weekend.. but the good news is, it's Weekend again… Almost an End of it…. I am from India.. & today being a very Auspicious day.. A day of 'Elephant God', I would be visiting temple… Well, thats the reason why I love not to be an aeithist.. So many holidays here 🙂
    Don't know why am I writing this all here…

All content © 2016 by English Muse