Apr 09, 2009

I love the moon and everything associated with it — songs, poetry, photos and art. The painting, above, by iconic California artist Peter Alexander is one of my favorites. It’s both beautiful and calming. (Did you see the full moon where you’re at?)

Now that the storm clouds have cleared in Los Angeles, I can fall asleep with moonlight streaming through the bedroom window….

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 9th, 2009 at 2:59 am. It is filed under Decor. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

40 Responses to “The Full Moon”

the sun, MOON & stars are quite magical…PS.this July 22nd is also when there will be sun eclipse…we should mark our calendar Tina! ~woohoo*

2. Tina says:

oh we must!! i haven’t seen a sun eclipse in so long,… i remember watching a sun eclipse in a pan of water when i was little!

3. Ginger says:

We saw the full moon in Mississippi! Isn’t it beautiful? I loved eavesdropping on my children discussing the “face” of the moon.

4. Tina says:

i love that!!

5. SoFine09 says:

I love the moon too! Even though it is just a rock in the sky with a bunch of holes in it. It is very beautiful from down here.

it's a date then…wear something fancy & giant Jackie O' glasses…okie 😉

7. The Wanderers' Daughter says:

We’re all clear here. But then, it’s Colorado. Clear is our M.O.
    I love the moon.
    But the moon does not love me.
    It messes mercilessly with my menstrual cycles, and I am suffering the horrible consequences at this very moment.

8. The Wanderers' Daughter says:

btw – just quick question: as a journalist, how do you POSSIBLY manage to maintain these blogs, answer responses, follow other people’s blogs, and keep up with your work??
    I’m very, very impressed, my dear.

9. Tina says:

OMG..i’m constantly either on my laptop, my blackberry or my new beautiful G1. I can post comments and surf the internet anywhere on my G1–which makes me very happy…and do interviews and go to events…

it’s nuts really.

10. Tina says:

i think i posted my first G1 comment on your blog over the weekend. hah!

11. Serenity says:

What a beautiful picture, The moon can be so poetic. By the way, I just wanted to say I love your blog, I just started my own, Inspired Devotion.. And you’re such an inspiration for me. 🙂

12. The Cottage Cheese says:

Happy sigh, such a lovely painting. We have nice high windows on one side of our bedroom, with a wooded lot next door, so we always leave the drapes open at night. I love the moonbeams shining into our room (equally nice are the sun’s rays in the morning!). I’m off to lay down and catch some moonbeams right now. Have a lovely night Tina!

13. sallymandy says:

This painting took my breath away, because the sky is so impressionistic while the water looks entirely real. It did: it took my breath away!

I did see the full moon where I live, coming over a mountain very close to my house. It was rather cloudy and the moon looked hazy; but beautiful. Thank you.

14. Tina says:

Thank you! will visit your blog ms. serenity!

15. Visual Vamp says:

Que bella luna!
    When the moon hits your eye like a pizza pie…
    The moon is shining bright here in New Orleans.
    xo xo

16. Tina says:

I love to think of the full moon over New Orleans!

17. Abby Orlando says:

It truly does make a difference in a night when the moon is shining and when it is covered by the clouds. It almost creates a surreal environment.

18. lauragrace7 says:

Thank you for posting this stunning picture! It reminds me of one of my favorite full moon evenings and really made my day…

19. R0G3R says:

20. Brian Miller says:

nice pic. love natural light, hiking by the moon light. pretty cool aboutg the sun eclipse. will mark the calendar

21. Clarice says:

I stumbled on your blog while searching for new blogs to read and I like reading it. You made me realize that pictures do help a lot in expressing my thoughts and appreciation in beautiful things. =)

22. Lulu says:

I love the moon, the stars, the sun. I just saw the moon outside.In a few hours from now I will be able to see the moon from the window of my room I have lots of nice memories about the moon and everything associated with it.

23. Avix says:

The moon is very ethereal and mysterious. I love the glowing light it casts on everything it touches.

24. Fada Moranga says:

This is so beautiful! I always stare at the full moon… :-)*

25. Sport 107 says:

I like it.It is very beautiful.

26. Becca says:

The moon was bright & full here also – I love walking around at night by the light of the full moon! Everything seems surreal and magical!

27. Alya says:

Its more than beautiful.. I love how the artist captured the moonlight reflecting on the ocean.

28. Miss Sandra says:

Absolutely lovely. The sight of a full moon always makes me feel more alive somehow. Such life, light, and beauty within one orb..makes one see the bigger picture and the beauty of our universe.
    Love your blog. I look forward to reading each new entry.

29. giulia says:

Oh I do wish we were not three hours apart. It seems more like ten. The most startling full moon in my experience took place in Athens. I wrote about it…somewhere. xo svs

30. Miranda says:

Two of life’s wonderful things–the full moon and Peter Alexander’s art. Thanks fora great start to the day.

31. farmhouse wares says:

I was quite enchanted by the moon last night. We don’t have any street lights here, so it’s always nice to find your way by moonlight.

32. Jessie {A Punctuated Life} says:

One of my favorite moon experiences was sitting on a dock in the South of Florida at night as the tide came in with a huge full moon reflecting off of the waves… amazing. I have a real weakness for the ocean at night and the moon made me fall in love with it all over again. 🙂

33. - Renée - says:

34. Tina Tarnoff says:

I love the moon and the mystery of it. I think I’m quite influenced by the phases:). I can almost always sense when the New Moon takes over and things become a bit easier to handle. One of the prettiest sights is the Shiva Moon (crescent moon), it always looks and feels so romantic!

35. pinak says:

beautiful 🙂

36. Beatriz Kim says:

Love the moon too! It seems humans have been fascinated with that beautiful entity for centuries!

Personally, the moon has been another guardian. Whenever I look at the moon, I feel calmer and happier.

I frequently daydream that I can casually float from object to object…as if I were on the moon. Wouldn’t that be lovely?

Your writing frequently takes me to that place, where I like to daydream that the impossible is possible!

Thank you so much!

37. Jessica Martiele says:

That’s my favorite thing about being a Cancer…I’m a Moonchild. Love your blog…just never said anything until now. Keep inspiring us!

38. Jessica Druck says:

Wow, I love this painting. I will have to check out his other work! : )

39. puglyfeet says:

I love the moon, too. Breathtaking.

Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend, Ms. Muse.

40. Geisslein says:

I am – and always have been – such a big fan of the full moon – I would love to sleep outside, when he shines…

All content © 2016 by English Muse