Apr 02, 2009

I just stopped by this lovely new decor blog…

…created by New York freelance journalist Liz Arnold

…She visits the homes of “somebodies, nobodies and the anybodies in between,” takes pictures and writes about them on her site, Homebodies.

“I’ve always loved observing how people live–what they surround themselves with; how they solve spatial problems; why that object hangs above the bed and what’s the story there, anyway?” Liz writes. “I chronicle my visits and indulge in the intimacy of dwellings, however extravagant, utilitarian, messy, IKEA, Tufenkian, big or small.”

She also asks, will you invite her over to your place? (I say, yes! Come on over Liz. I’ll supply the champagne!)

The link to her fantastic blog is {here}.

PS: Can I tell you a secret? I love glancing through people’s windows on my evening walks.
UPDATE.  This comment from  M.Kerkmann made me laugh: “I’m glad that I’m not the only one who secretly wants to crawl through someone’s yard, just for a peek through the living room window. :)”
ANOTHER UPDATE!  A comment from Liz:  “Hello, everyone! This is Liz from Homebodies, and I’m so thrilled you are enjoying my site! It’s so much fun. I love reading your comments. To those who are now following my blog: I will follow you back! Keep an eye out for more beautiful and kooky projects to come. Thanks all…”

By the way, thank you LA Observed for the tip!

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 2nd, 2009 at 3:27 am. It is filed under Decor. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

30 Responses to “Homebodies”

1. SoFine09 says:

I think it is really wonderful of her to be so interested in other people’s lives. Taking pictures and finding meanings behind things.

2. Char says:

it is so interesting to see how decoraters decorate their own space, isn’t it?

3. Tina says:

I love to see inside other people’s homes! it’s fascinating…

4. Clumsy says:

Late to the party…

Mazal Tov on Blog Of Note!

5. Tina says:

Hi Clumsy! Thank you!!!

6. danica says:

ooh, i love to sneak-a-peek at other people’s place. very nice 🙂

7. Maggie May says:

ALways love to get a look inside the window…

8. Maggie May says:

also, i think my last comment below on a few blogs ago might have gotten lost in the shuffle, i hope i’m not being poky, but a while back you said to let you know if we wanted to be added to the blogroll, and i would love to be added!

xo

9. vicki archer says:

Thank you for the tip – love her blog, xv.

10. Beatriz Kim says:

What a really great idea! I think looking into someone’s house, is like looking into their soul. What are the colors? What is the style? What kind of art is on the wall?

Then I spend time thinking what all that information means. What kind of person is this homeowner? Since I like to write, I also like to know about the stories behind the house, furniture, art, and anything else that catches my interest!

Thanks for the post.

11. Mag says:

Hong Kong is high population density city.Many people haven't own apartment & very small ft.
    I also want to know, how to solve spatial problem.
    thanks!!

12. Brian Miller says:

beautiful pics! you can tell a lot about a person by what you see there…

13. *moggit girls says:

Great idea. The idea of seeing how someone else does it always intrigues us… (good or bad)

J&J

14. Tina says:

good morning everyone! Hey maggie may! you’re on! i love your blog!

15. M.Kerkmann says:

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who secretly wants to crawl through someone’s yard, just for a peek through the living room window. 🙂

16. The Cottage Cheese says:

Liz provides an impressive number of photographs for each interior on her gorgeous blog. I’m a new follower! Thanks for the link Tina!

17. Penney says:

My mom had a meat grinder just like these!! What a great memory for me..
    hugs,
    Penney

18. Tina says:

I know! my mom did too. she was always making ham salad. there are always grinders at my various thrift stores. They’re either missing parts or they’re rusty. But this would be a perfect way to use them — as a very cool display!

19. Magchunk says:

Are those coffeegrinders? Love this house. It feels so natural and homey.

I’d like to add you to my blogroll. Stop by my blog and maybe we can exchange links?

20. An (ex) alien in new york says:

My favourite places all involve somebody else’s house. Sometimes, not even people I know very well. If at all.

I feel like a creep for admitting that..

21. Mary says:

What is it about wanting to look inside others homes? I too confess I love to see how other folks live and how they do that. is there something of the Voyeur in each of us?

22. Tina says:

I love how Liz took a picture inside one subject’s refrigerator. It’s a delicious voyeurism indeed.

23. The Wanderers' Daughter says:

What a wonderful project! I also love seeing how others live – how their personal style is translated in the style of living at home. It tells so much about a person that you wouldn’t know otherwise. Endlessly fascinating.

24. Liz says:

Thanks all, and huge thanks to the brilliant English Muse for having great taste. 🙂 We’ve already decided, next time I’m in LA…

25. project961 says:

Chris Cornell the bad ass front man of Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog, takes over project 96.1 from 6-8 pm to tell the story behind his hits commercial free before the re-broadcast of his epic show last night at centre stage. Check it out on-line at project961.com. Hear him belt out songs like Hunger Strike, Outshined, Like A Stone and Black Hole Sun commercial free at 8 pm.

26. Tina says:

Project961, darling, what does chris cornell have to do with the current conversation?? I think you stumbled onto the wrong thread.

I guess I should delete your comment. But considering two months ago, I had zero comments on my blog, I’m happy to let it stay.

27. Little Miss B says:

I love seeing into other peoples houses, I like the top deck of a double decker bus in london at dusk, the lights are on in the houses and you can catch a glimpse into the flats above the shops.

28. Tina says:

what a great idea! i’m definitely doing that next time i’m in London!

29. jen jafarzadeh says:

Tina, thanks for this post! Just added Homebodies to my Reader — what a great find. I love the whole premise of the site.

30. Gaboushka says:

It's like in the fairytale The Little Matchgirl. I always think of this story when I look into peoples houses when it's cold and dark outside and their houses look all warm and cosy…

All content © 2016 by English Muse