May 20, 2009

Hello loves. I know it’s probably Wednesday morning where you are. And I’m just now doing my Tuesday post here at the hospital with my dad. It was one of those days.

My dad decided today that he’s had enough of the hospital and wants to escape. I don’t blame him. We spent the evening discussing details of this getaway. (It involved using a back elevator and leaving the monitors in the alley). I made him promise that he wouldn’t leave without me. He worries me, though. I am so worried about him.

I know someday he’s going to make the grand getaway, and I’ll be sad without him. In the meantime, he’s still cracking jokes. Such sweet medicine.

PS: Photo found here on ffffound!

PSS: By the way, I’m woefully behind on responding to emails at the moment! I’m catching up slowly, so please don’t be offended! I love you all. xoxox

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 at 4:49 am. It is filed under love & loss. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

27 Responses to “Hang On”

1. vicki archer says:

I so understand about your Dad and I too fear ‘the grand getaway’ with mine. We just have to enjoy the moments we have, xv.

2. parlez-vous-kiwi says:

I truly believe laughter is a wonderful healer. I have worked with men in the Fire Service who are dealing with horrible stuff every day and you know how they deal with it… humour! Black humour at times. But laughter is the way a lot of them get through it!

Keep smiling :-)

3. LENORENEVERMORE says:

Like they always say; Laughter is the best medicine… ~Take care Tina!

4. tina tarnoff says:

It seems like I located you before anybody else did, no coments yet! (where is she, where is she? tinaaa! :)… if escape is what he wants, he’s got it… I want to help him do it… I’m very good at planning (capricorn), and I bring good munchies with (moon in taurus), and I’m not bat at entertaining (aquarius rising). Dad, I’m on board! xoxoxo always

5. Tina Tarnoff says:

did I say I’m on board? actually, I’m also on the engine, the wing, too. you name it.

hugs to you, dad (and MOM), and isabella! cats, coco… bow, , kali… purrr, and yes, how could I forget, husband! greetings! :)

and Tina, you are the sweetest. brave and hugs and macarons. xoxox

6. Annabelle says:

Oohh ((big hugs)) from Aus. Your Dad sounds like he’s in good form, joking etc :-) he will get better, don’t worry. Just think aren’t we lucky to have such great medicine and hospitals today?
    Hope you’re feeling better soon :-)

7. akka b. says:

Brilliant Photo!

and brilliant father

for wanting to make the most of it.

Run Forest Run.

May you find inner stillness in all the turns. dad too.

8. Brian Miller says:

keep laughing and making the most of every moment.

9. Charlie says:

Tina, That’s a riot! I can tell you, I know how he feels. Hugs and keep laughing

10. REread says:

live with the moment and cherish the memories …

11. THE PARIS HOUSE says:

I love my dad so much, I feel for you. I’m so blessed with a wonderful husband and three sons, but there is nothing that makes me feel safer than having my parents in the world!! Hang in there

12. Sarah says:

I so relate to what you’re going through with your dad Tina. I wish there was something I could do or say to make it easier on both of you. I am happy to hear that he’s joking in the middle of it all.

Ohhhhhh I want everything to be alright for your Dad as soon as possible. My heart is aching for this to be the case….

Hugs,
    Sarah

13. Jill of All Trades says:

Yup, know about that stuff.

14. Penney says:

Tina..I think about you and your dad a lot, and, my dad..
    These are the best times to share together. Hang on to each other, tell old stories, and make “new” ones!! h
    Have fun … laugh often.
    xo,
    Penney

15. Miranda says:

Hang on. . .Things turn out for people with the grace to be humorous under pressure, like your Dad and his obviously wonderful daughter.

16. STORY says:

Tina,
    When I took care of my delightful mother, I would always give her a couple options for activities – one always with an element of danger! She loved that. I would say to her “OK Honey, we can have lunch today at Beverly’s or go Parasailing.” She would think this over, and then say – “let’s have lunch at Beverly’s” – where we dined and watched the parasailers out the restaurant window….

17. giulia says:

From the self-appointed (on East Coast) Chief of Dept. of Worlds Collide & Troublemaking-in-Style:

Got it. Know it. Keep on. Well done.

xo

svs/gg

18. Kay says:

Absoluetly love the photo! but your words are such sad thoughts; I hope you continue to find the beauty and blessing you have for this day.

19. Mag says:

Don’t worry be happy!!
    I wish you and your dad have a good time!!

20. Uncle Beefy says:

Sending you the happiest thoughts and wishes possible, Tina. Thinking about you.

21. the girL says:

love to you and your father… thanks for continuing to post for us!
    XOXO

22. random moments says:

You and your dad are in our thoughts hun. You have such a positive, healthy outlook – “the grand getaway” ? I love that.

*hugs*

P.S. – My word verification is RESTS. Is this a sign? :)

23. Maggie May says:

I hold good thoughts for your dad.

24. *Sandra* says:

Sounds like your dad’s a lot of fun. My dad made his getaway a long time ago. He said he was ready, and then off he went, on the 3rd of July… didn’t even hang around for the fireworks.

Mum’s still going strong though, at 92 :)

25. Joanna Goddard says:

you are so sweet. he must adore you and you must be such a bright light to his day.

26. Jen says:

What an incredible photo. I can picture it – you and your dad plotting the great escape. Wind beneath your wings.
    Life will be an adventure till the very end. yes, Hang on!

27. my story life says:

fantastic photo,i like it,if i can fly hehehe…hi nice to know you,im kyran from indonesian