May 22, 2009

helena

Paris Vogue this month features the model’s fantastic NYC apartment…

helena

I love her inspiration walls and tattered art…

helena

And makeshift furniture…

helena

A sophisticated magpie, indeed…

“Tous les objets, et il y en a des milliers, sont des souvenirs vrais ou adoptés chez les brocanteurs du dimanche, à Chelsea ou à la campagne.” Loosely translated: She has millions of things, collected in Chelsea and elsewhere, that have elicited memories — real or adopted.

And there’s even a wall for Polaroids. A girl after my own heart.

PS: It was photographed by Carole Sabas at The Selby.

This entry was posted on Friday, May 22nd, 2009 at 6:06 am. It is filed under Blog, Decor, Featured. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

23 Responses to “Helena Christensen’s Bohème Abode”

1. parlez-vous-kiwi says:

Oh my gosh – so Im not a weirdo with my pinned up crap all over the walls – woohoo!! :-) Good to know!

2. nath says:

oh yes, saw this over at The Selby. she’s got a great eye and one can only imagine the vintage shopping possibilities she has as a super-model…

3. Federica says:

Oh I was going to make a post about her beautiful shop in NYC!
    That’s hilarious!

4. Brian Miller says:

interesting collage of her life, a little here there and everywhere, small remembrances of what has or will be. thanks.

5. THE PARIS HOUSE says:

gorgeous apartment, I love her style

6. The Clever Pup says:

Just amazing isn’t it. I saw this on THE SELBY. I think he might have taken the pictures.

Her black floor reminds me of my gold floor. In my 20s I painted my bedroom floor gold because I was inspired by a gleamy picture in a mag. Specialty finishes weren’t readily available in the 80s and I think I went through about 100 bucks in gold spray paint.

7. Jill of All Trades says:

That is cool. Wish I could be that good with all my goodies that have accumulated.

8. giulia says:

Thank you for this, Tina. One of my favorites. Having been feeling very down (for good reason) & seem to apologize every day for my apt. & it's mess. Was becoming (still am) very self-conscious about the state of seemingly chaos here….& then a friend overheard me. She piped up (& produced this Vogue later): "But you are our Helena. Vot are you talking about. Honestly, quit trying to be something you are not… They're all trying to be zeese (producing magazine).

I still feel, well all & good. It's HC after all. Then my former hairdresser-who-became-friend but out of country for extended time called (I smell a well-meaning conspiracy): "I always told you that you reminded me of HC…same look."

Believe me, they are being too kind, but it was a valiant effort & I appreciate seeing your post on a feverish Friday morning of a long holiday with most people out of town or preoccupied. (Yes, feeling sorry for self. Disgusting, I know.)

Julie (the Cat) & I say hello to you & your family. Especially you papa.

Hugs,

susan/gg

9. STORY says:

Great apartment – full of interesting objects depicting a life well-lived.
    Laurie

:-)

10. aubrey says:

great post..i love the inspiration walls..very creative…
    and dear..you’ve got a very very lovely blog!!:D

11. liza says:

I’m just catching up. I’m thinking of you and your father, hoping for happy moments.

12. Joanna Goddard says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE how she puts up clippings and magazine pages. xo

13. TheBeautyFile says:

This an amazing post. Thank you. The Selby is amazing, love them!

14. Pamela Terry and Edward says:

She is one of my favourites.
    This apartment crackles with creativity.

15. Amber says:

So very very beautiful and sooo my style! I dont know how I would feel about so many people peeking into my house like that. Glad people like her dont mind though!

16. Cassie says:

Love the inspiration walls…lovely. Thanks for sharing.

17. jezebel says:

I wish my French was slightly less shabby than that perfect nude in the top photo, so that I could read this article. Makes me crave a visit to Butik.

18. The Clever Pup says:

Just noticed she as Man Ray’s Marchesa Casati on the wall as do I. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my site.

Hazel

19. Tina Tarnoff says:

Wow, it’s so quirky, I love it. And, I wish I could trade her something for that tattered redhead nude! And, also, always wanted to trade my boring hazel eyes for her divine blue!

20. automatism says:

What a great eye she has — this is part home, part art gallery. Love it.

:-)

21. Bambola says:

What a fantastic space. So full of character. It's awesome when the items all have a story & the room isn't so put together…

I love that last black chest, but I wonder what she stores in it – jewelry I would imagine… x

22. Daisy says:

I love a sneaky peak like this !

23. Kate says:

It looks like my dream house…not clinical and over styled, just perfect!