Jan 26, 2010

macrons

On this, my last night in Paris, I went to dinner at Ladurée on the Champ Elysees. I had the best Club Sandwich of my life in the bar (along with a glass of champagne). Of course, I couldn’t leave without getting a little box of macarons to take home. It’s past midnight here, and the cab is arriving at 7:30 a.m. I’m excited because my friend Elaine, who lives here in Paris, is flying back with me to Los Angeles. And if I can manage to rustle the money together, I would love to come back with her when she returns to Paris in March.

My vacation — including airfare and my beautiful apartment — cost less than $1,800 for the entire week. Economical, I think, for expensive Paris. I’ll give you all the details on how to rent apartment, if you’re interested, when I get settled back in LA. I also have lots of Polaroids of the city I want to scan to show you. So, will see you soon. Thank you for keeping me wonderful company on my trip. I’ve loved and savored all your comments!

Xoxox

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 at 12:06 am. It is filed under Paris. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

42 Responses to “Macarons”

1. Atticus and Juliet says:

Glad you had a wonderful time…and so inexpensively! {Well, relatively speaking.} Do share more about the apt you rented!

2. Miranda says:

Thank you, my dear, for inviting us all along.

3. Basht says:

that's incredible… it's my dream to go there, but for 3 months. I'll have to wait until my baby is much older though

4. Simply Luxurious says:

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! A club sandwich and champagne – love it. You're making my mouth water. I am very curious to hear how to rent the apartment. Have a safe trip home!

5. Jo says:

I'm so happy you had a lovely time in Paris! And I can't wait to see the Polaroids!
    Have a safe trip home to L.A.!

6. alyssa says:

wow that is so cheap! did you fly during those times when the airlines had a lot of deals? i remember seeing flights to paris for $300-something from LAX.
    have a safe flight!

7. vanessa joie says:

Oh my dear – I have so enjoyed your trip to Paris. I can't wait to go in a few months (I hope, I hope). I definitely need the details of your apt rental, etc. Have a safe journey home.

8. kelly ann says:

i am dying to go to paris, so i would love to hear any money saving tips you have! :) safe travels back!

9. That Gal Kiki says:

I've not been to Paris since I was 19 back in 1988. I'm so happy you had a lovely time! I miss the freedom of traveling abroad…. the wine… the food..

Can't wait for photos. xo

10. Jess says:

i would love to know how to rent an apartment!!

11. jaunty magpie says:

Thank you so much for sharing these Parisian treats with us! I look forward to seeing the Polaroids and hearing more about the trip. Seeing everything all at once made me feel like I got to take a little vacation, even if I was still sitting at my desk. Merci!

12. Natasha says:

I've really enjoyed your posts on Paris and can't wait to see and read more. Less than $1800 for the week? Such a bargain. Mon Dieu, I cannot wait to be in Paris this summer!

13. Amanda says:

macarons are to die for! I can only imagine how great they are when they're really from Paris!!

14. Ms Smart says:

sounds fab, safe journey

15. The Wanderers' Daughter says:

Perfect ending to a lovely trip! If we had not just spent ten fabulous days in NY, I'd be tempted…

16. laura says:

Laduree!! The best pastries in Paris. Have you been to Pierre Herme? Best macarons in Paris hands down.

Give details of your trip! Amazing.

17. bunny, The Paris House Designs says:

Your trip sounds so lovely and Laduree is one of my favorite places in the world. I would love to learn more of the charming apartment you stayed in, it is so beautiful.

18. Jolie Adele says:

Sounds perfectly divine!!! I am heading to Paris in April and would love to find out where you rented an apartment.

I must be sure to spend on delicious eats and drinks ~ and not too much on the inevitable!

Please take a little visit over to my Laduree post for some lovely eye candy ~ Mmmmmmmmm.

xoxo love,

jolie

19. missb@dragonflyvintage says:

"My little vacation — including airfare and my beautiful apartment — cost less than $1,800 for the entire week"

that sounds incredible! i was thinking closer to $3000! you must tell us how you managed that – my sister, cousins and I are planning a week in paris…

bettye

20. Lucy in the Sky says:

that's such a great deal! my 12-day stay in Paris was almost $3000…but I went on a school trip. next time I should just go alone hehe.

21. Nicole Jeannette says:

These were my favorite while I lived in France!!

22. Shell says:

You must tell about your inexpensive trip to Paris. It is my dream trip. I like to make it a reality in the next two years.

23. Daydream Lily says:

oh those Macarons look so dellicous. Glad you enjoyed the trip, thanks for taking us along with you!! x Liss

24. Sabine says:

Oh macaroons, love them! So glad you had a good time in Paris.

25. Daisy says:

Lovely , have a safe trip home ! I am going to Paris next month, so would love to hear more!

26. Adriana says:

Yay Tina! You truely spent your final night in Paris blisfully, exactly how I would have done it. Lovely! Can't wait to see all the pics

27. Beadboard UpCountry says:

The apartment we are renting is straight down from Notre Dame and the ice rink with the carousel.Bet we passed each other a few times!Glad you enjoyed yourself!Laduree is great! Isn't is amazing here people have champagne with everything!!!
    Enjoying your posts!
    Maryanne

28. LENORENEVERMORE says:

Time does fly when we had lovely times non?! Have a great flight back darling…can't wait to view more visual delights*
    xo

29. 21st Century Housewife© says:

So glad you went to Ladurée and enjoyed it. I'm sure it won't be long before you get back to Paris!

April

30. Down and Out Chic says:

have a safe trip home! those macarons look delicious.

31. 2 By Design says:

Ahhh Paris, one of the MOST beautiful cities! Hope you're relaxed, rejuvenated and come back ready to divulge all the details!

32. Caroline Hancox says:

i would love to know how to rent a little apartment in Paris! I love i there, just need to convince my boyfriend!

33. Tea Party Crasher says:

What a beautiful photo! I'm drooling a little. Macarons from Ladurée are pretty much my idea of heaven. I was in Miami this weekend for my birthday and had macarons for dessert at the Setai — delicious, but not quite the same as Ladurée! Must plan a visit to Paris asap. Love your blog.

34. Anonymous says:

i could eat Ladurée macarons for breakfast lunch and dinner…

35. avant garde says:

you are getting me more than itchy to hop a plane to just about anywhere in europe, seriously! i am planning a european trip for 2011 spring, when i graduate college and my son graduates high school (both the same year, yeah!) but now i'm impatient. sigh…would love to know about your apartment deal though and how you enjoyed it, please post details…!!! safe trip back too!

36. My Dog-Eared Pages says:

Thanks for the lovely week in Paris Tina!! I can't wait to see the Polaroids and apartment details!!! oxo Barbara

37. La chica says:

Macarons are the top models of sweets…

38. automatism says:

What a lovely way to round off your stay! Thanks so much for sharing all the wonderful little details of your trip with us — and now I really can't wait to go back to Paris!

Lori
    xo

39. Jeanne says:

Laduree is such a special spot..I made it in for breakfast on Sunday morning and it was sensational! A great way to end a trip in Paris…look forward to seeing your photos!
    Jeanne :)

40. jen jafarzadeh says:

can't wait to see the Polaroids from your trip! ah, Paris. I just treated myself to a couple macarons from Dean & Deluca, and let me just say — disappointment. hope to make it back to Paris again soon (for the real thing.)

41. This Lovely City says:

Your last dinner sounded delightful! The macarons are beautiful. Safe travels home! xo

42. kelly says:

those look so scrumptious. all your paris pictures are so lovely, they let me reminisce from when i visited a few years ago. i miss it so much!

i'm glad you had so much fun! thanks for sharing!

All content © 2014 by The English Muse