Jan 25, 2010

paris flea market treasures
paris flea market treasures
paris flea market treasures
paris flea market treasures

Most of the paper treasures — excluding the my spent Metro tickets – were found at the Porte de Vanves Flea Market. (Thank you for suggesting it!) It made for a lovely Sunday morning. Afterwards, I had a croque-monsieur and a hot chocolate at a nearby cafe…

I only have one day left in Paris before I head back to LA. Sigh…

PS: Thank you Kevin for the mention today on LA Observed. Even after a terrible trauma, a girl must go on living her life, you know? Off to have macarons at Laduree on the Champ Elysees.

This entry was posted on Monday, January 25th, 2010 at 3:10 pm. It is filed under Paris. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

24 Responses to “Paris Papers & Ribbons”

1. style and inspiration says:

Enjoy your last day!!

2. Joanna Goddard says:

these are so wonderful! enjoy your last day!!! xoxo

3. April@The 21st Century Housewife says:

I've so enjoyed your photos of Paris. It is one of my favourite cities and I'm really lucky to live nearby in England so I go there as much as I can. I noticed you mentioned macarons in one of your other posts – Have you been to Laduree on the Champs Elysees (metro Georges V) yet? Their macarons are the best I have ever had (and I've eaten more than I'd like to admit!). If you have a chance, it is well worth a visit – and if you don't have time to eat there, they do have a bakery counter where you can get "take away" :)

4. Melanie's Randomness says:

Oh how pretty!! I love making collages so I would totally use any of these to make it more pretty. I love Paris. I can't wait to go there one day.

5. Federica says:

How pretty!
    Enjoy Paris!!
    Federica
    xoxo

6. In Honor Of Design says:

ooo la la! I am a little obsessed with paper so these are fantastic! Have a wonderful last day in Paris! Jealous!

7. Ta says:

how lovely! i have a pack rat habit of collecting papers

8. nath says:

oh that's gone so fast! have a wonderful last day!

9. Adriana says:

Bonjour Tina! Is this the ribbon from the ribbon and button store? But if so, where are the buttons? :) Enjoy your last moments!

10. The Drifter and the Gypsy says:

ooh, i love the last photo! wow, your trip went by so fast!
    oh well, its nice to come home after being away :)

11. tina tarnoff says:

Oh, this is heaven! Vintage papers, ribbons, old chateaux keys… how lovely, my heart aches! Have a lovely last day and make the most of it! xoxo

12. GiDu says:

Great Finds! I wish I was in Paris!

13. Electro Geisha says:

beautiful photos :) I wish to go to Paris… enjoy :)

14. Amy says:

Oooh, I love all of these. Such great inspiration! Enjoy your last day in Paris!

15. Mark says:

I love all the pictures mate. thanks for sharing such nice pictures

16. Laura Trevey says:

I know you are having such a fun trip!
    Enjoy ~~

xoxo Laura

17. Michelle says:

What wonderful little treasures! I love the honey bee stamps! Just adorable!! Thank you for sharing your trip!!

18. Giulia says:

As I type this, it is just after 10.30pm in Paris. I hope you had a wonderful last day & if you're still there (I mean if you're flying back on Tuesday), have a lovely evening mulling over everything you've taken in, seen, done. Material. But you have that one down–terrific collages.

xo

19. Jo says:

Such beautiful paper products! These shots really make me want to travel and create!
    (by the way, I think the Metro tickets are a fun addition!)

20. jaunty magpie says:

Oh my word… in LOVE with everything here. Paper bits, old keys, stamps, stickers — I'm in j'adore overload! These are absolute treasures, and they're completely priceless because there is a story that goes with each item.

21. Carrie Miller says:

What beautiful photos! I hope you had a wonderful time!! Have a safe flight home =]

22. Christine Geltz says:

Oh-h-h-h, I am so with you on the treasures of the Vanves flea market… Your items are marvelous and make me want to go back tomorrow. I came away from there with a large quantity of oversize buttons, still on their dressmaker cards, from the 50 and 60s. I had them tested them for lead and other harmful components (they passed the test) and I'm now repurposing them in chunky jewelry and handbags and providing them to knit shops for handmade sweaters. So chic! So cool! So Jackie O! So just plain right…

Hope you had a fun trip and come back safely.

23. colie parks says:

when i was in paris i made sure i purchased the necessities:

macaroons
    chamagne
    perfume &
    lingerie

these images are gorgeous!

24. Milly says:

Oh i really want to go to a Parisian flea market now!! Lovely stuff.