Feb 06, 2010

It’s pouring rain in Los Angeles tonight and I have this song by the band Stars stuck in my head. It’s called Sad Robot. Have you heard it?

The lyrics are in French but it’s about this robot who is left out in the rain. And he’s scared his heart is going to rust.

Goes like this:

Il pleut
Je pleure

J’ai peur que je vais roullier ce soir

J’ai peur que mon temps soit expiree,
J’espere que vous viendrez me secher
J’espere que vous pouvez me reperer
J’ai peur que je vais roullier ce soir
Mon coeur,
Changera de l’acier a la poussiere

Translation:

It rains
I cry

I’m afraid that I’m going to rust tonight

I’m afraid that my time has expired,
I hope that you will come dry me,
I hope that you can repair me,
I’m afraid that I’m going to rust tonight
My heart,
Will change from steel to dust

If you, too, would like this song stuck in your head, you can listen to it {here}. The very cute robot, above, is from the etsy store, Reclaim2Fame.

Where is everyone today, by the way? I feel like I’m all alone on my blog tonight…And so I’m writing random posts about robots…

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 6th, 2010 at 2:03 am. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

17 Responses to “Sad Robot + Rain”

1. Jen Zahigian says:

Well, I just had to tell you that you're not All alone on your blog tonight. I was feeling a little all alone myself, because my husband just left town for the weekend. I figured tonight to be a perfect time to catch up on blog reading, and the English Muse is where I headed first! Your sad robot post actually made me very happy.

2. Tina says:

oh!! hello jen!! i'm so glad you're here!

3. hannah says:

aww i like that lil guy. i dont know that song but i like one of stars' albums… after the war?

4. Tina says:

it's the album Sad Robots. it's really wonderful!

5. kelly ann says:

i pretty much adore stars. definitely one of my favorite bands, their music has been there through so many different stages of my life. they make me sentimental. :) love them!

it's definitely a stay inside and watch a movie night! it's really coming down out there!

6. vicki archer says:

That's so cute and so is that robot…Have a happy weekend, xv.

7. Cathi says:

I am here in LA in the rain too…watching movies and reading blogs…cute robot and the song is adorable too….:) Happy weekend, stay dry! :)

8. Karin says:

Now I really, really want to dry that robot and then give it a big hug!

(And by the way, you're not alone here this morning either :-))

9. Basht says:

That song is wonderful. and as others have said, you're not alone. I was around, attempting to make a new cookie recipe for my mother in law and keeping my sick baby happy. today was just a sort of sad friday… if it wasn't winter here i feel it would have been dark and rainy. hugs and happy thoughts

10. Brian Miller says:

what a cool song..will look it up online…

11. Melissa says:

Aren't the Stars Canadian? Hmm, maybe that's some other band I'm thinking of. Posting about robots is kinda random, but sometimes we need a little "randominity" in our lives!

12. The Eternal Intern says:

check out their song "elebator love song" it's the greatest!!!! i love it!!
    flora xoxo

13. The Wanderers' Daughter says:

I am a big robot fan, so that song touches my heart. What a sweet robot find, too!

14. DAVID McGRIEVEY says:

Apparently everyone is leaving something peculiar out in the rain. Richard Harris laments in "MacArthur Park"…"Someone left the cake out in the rain-I don't think that I can take it-'cause it took so long to bake it-and I'll never have that recipe again-Oh, nooo!
    Well, I think if you value something, a cake or a robot for instance, you should not whine if your careless enough to leave it out in the rain.
    I once left a book out in the rain but as it was not a first edition, I simply let it dry out and continued reading the puckered pages.
    I have been listening to that French jazz station daily that you mentioned posts ago, thank you for the tip.
    Gotta run, I just realized I left my toaster outside and it looks like rain here in NYC.

15. Tina says:

what is it about robots? i adore them…i've noticed more girl singers are putting robot voices in their songs…robot chic.

16. Chrissie says:

what a sad cute song..

17. Daisy says:

I wish this robot would come and have a cup of tea with me !