Apr 05, 2010

Here are a few snapshots at our flat on this rainy morning:

White linens, a tattered paisley-covered club chair, books inside a Chinese chest, a large jewelry box (with a reflection of our cat Kali in one of the mirrors), a stool covered with an old suzani.
I’m listening to the rain on the roof. It’s pouring here! It’s a nice day to stay in. I’m in decorating mode and re-reading all my old Dominos. BTW, I heard a rumor last week that the former editor of Domino is in discussions with one of the Huffington Post financiers to start a Dominoesque website. Wouldn’t that be divine?

PS: UPDATE on my dog training efforts
I’ve discovered that pounding two escargot pans together helps stop the barking. I couldn’t bring myself to throw around the Calphalon.

This entry was posted on Monday, April 5th, 2010 at 3:35 pm. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

18 Responses to “Monday morning…”

1. C says:

The paisley covered club chair is just gorgeous and begging for someone to sink luxuriously into it! …the 2 escargot pans? Thats a story!

2. liza says:

Oh, it's so homey already! I love your suzani. You have such great style.

3. Giulia says:

Heard same rumor. Why they are taking so freaking long, I have no idea. I wish your Lola technique would work on a miffed redheaded cat…alas. ciao, cara Tina.

4. Tonia says:

oof, that looks so cosy!
    well done on the dog training: ours thinks we're joining in if we make a loud noise. He is ever-so-slightly dim.

5. Whimsy Being says:

Beautiful photos of your new abode! Happy Monday!

6. Aron says:

I love that the solution to stop the annoying noise of the barking, is by "pounding" two escargot pans together!
    Oh, this seems like a tough problem. I've never owned a dog, sadly, so I shouldn't even say anything, but I'd go Dog Whisperer all the way if I were you.
    Good luck! :)

7. roseleann says:

Love your white pillowcases and your headboard – tres chic!

8. Simply Defined Design says:

I love your mix of colors! beautiful! XO C

9. kelly ann says:

oh please let that domino rumour be TRUE! :) i'm crossing my fingers!

10. Brandi says:

A Dominoesque website would be so divine! (I hope you're going to get in on that…) And I'm jealous you got to stay in while it was raining today. There's nothing I love more than a good rainstorm and getting to lounge about in pajamas the whole day.

11. LENORENEVERMORE says:

haha…clap hands might also help!
    save the Calphalon for cooking yummy goodness~
    xo

12. the NEO-traditionalist says:

Ohhh how cozy! I want to move in : ) I love the orange suzani—too chic! xo katie

13. Anna/Quilted Giraffe says:

So cute and cozy! I love your flat.

As far as former Domino editors go, Dara Caponigro was just named Editor-in-Chief of Veranda today, so maybe that magazine will take a (much-needed) turn for the better!

14. hawthorne girl says:

what about the lonny.com website? i heard that that was former domino staffers as well. keep us posted on this, life without domino is no life at all!

15. Hermione says:

What a perfect Monday morning, sounds like to me.

16. KathyBaker24 says:

I have an interior design site and I am interested in purchasing a link on your website. Your site looks great and I would love to be part of your blogroll. Or, if you prefer we could exchange links.

If this is possible, could you let me know how much you would charge for a basic text link. My site is located at http://www.genuinestyle.net.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing back from you.

17. Destination Inspiration says:

Hi Tina, I feel I've been away here for so long! Unfortunately I don't have any dog training advice but am pleased to hear you're trying to curb the barking. Great news about the dominoesque website, fingers crossed for that one! Although for now Lonny will suffice for me just fine :) The new place looks lovely too, how nice that all the potential new home owners of your old place wrote such heart felt letters to you, bless. xx

18. Carey says:

Nice goodies. Beautiful style. I didn't know there was such a thing as an escargot pan. But thank goodness you had them, eh?

All content © 2014 by The English Muse