May 12, 2010

Vera Canvas Prints Set
I’d like to share this CHARMing floral art works by Vera Neumann [1907-1993]
Originally created as silk scarves from the 60s, have now been reproduced
on canvas [available for purchase~HERE ]

Vera spent decades creating delightful bright designs
that radiated so much charms & optimism.
Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly & John Lennon were among her fans!
Well…so am I, ehem*~ I have a few of her pieces now! (show-off !)
Anyway, those of us who frequent the flea market scenes,
should be on the look out for her silk designs I think.
Simply adore flea markets… get butterflies in my stomach each time
I reach the crowded flea market car park! ~am I alone here???
Do share your favorite things to get when you visit your favorite flea markets
errr…besides the fresh corn-dogs? ~YUM*

a.k.a guest blogger

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 at 4:42 pm. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

10 Responses to “I am a FAN*”

1. Giulia says:

I feel fortunate to have Vera stuff from my mother (I bought some of it for her originally for gifts)…I grew up with this stuff. And then I saw some designs on the Met Museum shop site. You have no idea how weird that is for those of us for whom this was 'every day' linen, scarves.

At moment I'm in a purge mode & it's difficult to think of otherwise, though books/vintage magazines/records/ceramics are up there on firsts. I'd never eat a corn dog, fresh or otherwise:) but…chacun à son goût.

xo

2. Len♥reNeverM♥re says:

Giulia,
    'fortunate' is the right word!
    Thanks for sharing…something about her designs that make me smile* somehow~ Corn dogs= YUM*

3. Whimsy Being says:

These are beautiful! I'll have to scrounge around my grandma's closet to see if she has any Vera!

4. Christine says:

I love the idea of making her work into prints so everyone can enjoy. But I would definitely love to come across one of scarves. That wouldn't definitely be a major flea market find.

5. Brian Miller says:

very nice. these are visually striking and love all the color..

6. Daydream Lily says:

I haven't heard of her designs before, thanks for the introduction.

hmm my favourite buys at the flea markets, probably books, china, framed art, buttons and jewellery..and other various knick knacks

7. Len♥reNeverM♥re says:

What??!!
    only 5 comments!
    I took this personally~
    ;(
    sobs*

8. H.Toufga says:

very nice colors, love your posts :)

9. photojoy says:

I just stop by. How beautiful! Thank you for sharing this. Otherwise, I would have known this great artist.

10. photojoy says:

a grammatical mistake! I mean "Otherwise, I would not have known this great artist." Right? :) Sorry for making a mess.

All content © 2014 by The English Muse