Jul 07, 2010

Hello my dears,
I’m working on a revamp of the English Muse and I was wondering if you would be willing to take a little poll about the topics you’re most interested in reading about here. I’m thinking seriously about making the English Muse into a very visually oriented books blog. What do you think?

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 at 3:15 pm. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

21 Responses to “The future of the English Muse”

1. Giulia says:

Hi Tina. Well, so far it looks like photography. But that doesn't mean you can't do what you just mentioned. I would love it (& selfishly…it would help me with my work:)

Cheers.

PS: Just left comment below but in case you don't see…David Austin rose catalogue has lovely ideas for container roses. They do work. I've seen it with my own peepers just the other day.

2. Tina says:

Hi Giulia darling! thank you! I'm off to find the catalogue now!

3. Penney says:

I think your photography is really special.. but then, your fashion and decor style is also..
    Do what you love to do..
    xo, Penney
    Can't wait to see your roses in bloom!

4. Jen Zahigian says:

For me it's a toss up between books and photography. Do you what love, I'm sure we'll love it too…!

5. Margaret Perry says:

books books books books books!

6. jonas wunderman says:

I'd have to say books I think … there are so many photography blog around. I dunno …. anyway, good luck with whatever direction you decide to take it, I'm sure it'll be tremendous :)

7. iva yaneva says:

This is hard!! Can I say "showing photographs of books while traveling" for example? :)

8. Tonia says:

Well obviously books, but I really like your blog with its current mix as well!

9. Tina says:

thank you! i could do a blog about books on decor, travel & photography!

10. MEG MITCHELL says:

Combine them all. They are obviously subjects you love. Write what you love.

11. TheBeautyFile says:

I love this idea! I have to say, some of my favorite posts have been literary oriented and about your favorite books!

12. Julia says:

I love your blog the way it is! But visually oriented book blog sounds great! I am always looking for new book suggestions.

13. roseleann says:

Your posts about books are always my favorites. You're a very talented woman – you connect with all of us on so many different levels and with so many subjects. I'm sure you can do no wrong with whatever you decide to do. I love reading about writers, their lives, their ideas, and their inspirations, so if any of this is incorporated into the book posts, it would be wonderful. Good luck deciding – it's hard to imagine you eclipsing what you already do so well!

14. Swiss Miss says:

I have to say that i visit and love your blog because you share about books and some food for thought. jonas is right, there are so many blogs about photography. I love your blog for its interest in the literary. but no matter what it's still your mind and spirit behind it – and that cant be kept down

15. Rhianne says:

Hi Tina, I voted photography but I'd love to see things about books and travel as well!

Thank you so much for following my blog :)

16. Bunny, THE PARIS HOUSE says:

I love it all but if I had to pick it would be books, then you could cover all the things I enjoy. Regarding your post below, I think terrace gardens and rooftop gardens are so delightful and in this heat much easier to maintain. I read Rebecca Cole too and learn a lot from her. You may want to try Antique Rose Emporium,( they have great climbers) David Austin Roses, Well Sweep Herb Farm ( they have wonderful apothecary roses that I cook with), I also love Edible Landscapes for my Lemon and fruit trees, they are the best their plants never ever die on me and there is also Logee on line for tropials etc.. All great sources. Have you ever seen Christopher Radko's rooftop garden in NYC, he has a little grass lawn and lots of lattice etc. it is so lovely.
    Have a nice daly

17. Holly says:

Just do what pleases you.

18. kimberj says:

I'll read The English Muse whatever you do :) I love it all. If you do switch to books can you throw in something different say every wednesday or friday? Just to spice things up? No matter… I'll still read it!

19. SoCalNoCalGal says:

Hi Tina,
    I don't comment much, but I love reading your blog. I think however you go with the new format, it will be great. One current thing I really love is how you tell us about the goings on in your life. I really relate to the great things that happen to you and the harder times that you overcome and how you accompany your stories with beautifully fitting pictures. Please continue to include your life stories because they are helpful and inspiring.

20. Lane says:

Hmmm…photography and fashion and decor i can't pick just one!

21. Holly Knitlightly says:

That sounds great to me!