Oct 27, 2010

I love it when independent artists decide to create their own book covers…the results are always unexpected. Take these for example:

Screen shot 2010-10-26 at 9.46.27 PM
Screen shot 2010-10-26 at 3.48.03 PM
Screen shot 2010-10-26 at 3.44.41 PM
Screen shot 2010-10-26 at 3.43.29 PM
They were created by two Portuguese women — Sandra G. and Orquidea C. — now living in Amsterdam. They used their own photography and wit….As a result, their sensibility is so wonderfully European. It’s hard for me to pick a favorite. Maybe The Hours? What do you think?

(More on their blog, re-cover project.)

Oh, and I almost forgot, today is Dylan Thomas’ birthday…(thank you Giulia!)

Remember:

“Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 at 9:51 pm. It is filed under Blog, Books, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

8 Responses to “Book Covers, Re-imagined…”

1. Erin Wallace says:

I like them all, but I think I'll have to go woth "Women, Art, and Society."

xo Erin

2. Giulia says:

I love these & I also went over to see some stuff from their archive. I do love The Hours triple exposure (or whatever it is), but I also like Bonjour, Tristesse because it fits with what I think of when I think of the book. On the site, I laughed out loud at a Dylan Thomas cover (it's his bday, btw). Now I want to see which cover Erin references. Lots to see here. Thanks for the tip, Tina.

3. the real mia says:

Oooh, I love the Lolita and In Cold Blood covers.

4. Gypsea Tree {Steam Spectre} says:

These are great! I'm such a sucker for a good book cover… I think I like The Hours the best as well.

5. thelayeredpancake says:

oh wow! such a great find. i love the lolita cover…its so subtle and cool, the little collar bone show.

6. Penney says:

I find them all totally fascinating!!Oh, to have that eye and ability!!!! fabulous!

xo, P

7. The above fore-mentioned. says:

Love the Ginsberg cover. Happy Birthday Dylan Thomas – have you seen the bio-pic on him, "The Edge of Love"?

8. Tonia says:

The Hours cover is very evocative of what's going on in the book, but for sheer gloomy day (which it is) cheeriness, I'd go for Claudine a Paris (a favourite book in any case)!

All content © 2014 by The English Muse