Oct 07, 2010

Hello everyone.
I’m crazy about this new decor magazine called Anthology. It was created by Anh-Minh Le, a regular contributor to The San Francisco Chronicle Datebook and Home & Garden sections, and by Meg Mateo Ilasco, who has authored six books, including Craft, Inc. and Crafting a Meaningful Home. The duo have adopted the motto “Print is not dead,” music to my ears! Anthology is printed quarterly, but you can also get a sneak peek online.

Have a look:

Screen shot 2010-09-24 at 5.29.49 PM

Screen shot 2010-09-24 at 5.32.40 PM

Screen shot 2010-09-24 at 5.30.44 PM

Screen shot 2010-09-24 at 5.29.29 PM

The enterprising editors have also done this fantastic video:

Print Is Not Dead from Anthology Magazine on Vimeo.

Love!

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 7th, 2010 at 3:00 pm. It is filed under Decor, magazines. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

12 Responses to “Print Is Not Dead: Anthology Magazine”

1. Melanie's Randomness says:

I love decor magazines!! I love flipping through the pages! I'll look for this one!

2. H says:

That video is so cool!I'm going to have a go at making one like it. It's inspired me.

3. RMP says:

I certainly hope it isnt finished!…..i have just finished two books of Poetry, and am busy writing a novel, and a book of philosophy and the third book of poetry…

if it is finished, then so too am i.

you can have a little squizz at my Blog for some of the poems. One is a collaborative art book, with the German surrealist Painter Carola. E . Thiele entitled 'A synergy of Art'…the second is a collection of Love poems entitled 'Love Found Love Lost'…

So please dont let print be dead…even if E-Books are on the rise, it doesnt have the same 'je ne sais quoi', that printed high quality art does.

4. MichieBee says:

I'm absolutely in love with the artists who did the cover of this magazine. You should check out her blog; it's quite fabulous. http://blog.krisatomic.com

The rest of the magazine itself looks wonderful as well! I love decor magazines. I don't have my own place yet, but I'm so excited to get one just so I can decorate. :)

5. Carolynn Cecilia says:

i lurv it!!!

6. genevieve says:

Absolutely beautiful! I really love what you've been doing with your blog and how you have narrowed the focus to just books, it is fantastic. I have just created a new blog, which is news and reviews of luxury products, services and firms and general news from the luxury sector, take a look at http://littleluxe.tumblr.com/ :)

7. Mademoiselle Poirot says:

Brilliant! Love it & I'll never get tired of good deco mags, plus "print isn't dead" is music to my ears… Love from London x

8. See Me Everywhere says:

That's just gorgeous! I will have to see if they sell the magazine online, as I've never heard of Anthonology here before. Thanks for sharing :)

9. Cassandra Marie says:

Oh yeah, I saw that video and loved it!

And on a random note, I'm hosting a Mustachioed Coffee Cup Set Giveaway on my blog just in case you wanted to enter!

xo,
    Cassie

10. Raji says:

This looks so amazing
    I'll have to look out for it!

11. Steve says:

J’wock: Oh, I loved the Anjum Hasan story – after Lunatic in my Head (which was at least one-third an excellent book) Hasan is curnlrtey my pick for most promising fiction writer, so it’s nice to see she’s able to keep it up. I also enjoyed the contributions from both the graphic artists. And I liked Vivek’s piece – though I think he’s a better poet than a short story writer. Most of the others weren’t bad / intolerable, just a little lackluster (I thought the Padmanabhan was a neat idea, but it went on way too long). But all of that was as expected. Tyrewala was the only one whose entry surprised me by how good it was. Overall, though, an interesting collection, and my compliments to you and everyone else involved in putting it together. I do think it showcases how much raw talent there is out there, but I also think it shows how much further that talent needs to be pushed. And thanks.

All content © 2014 by The English Muse