Nov 18, 2010

I’m amazed at the number of YouTube views on this:  1,812,556 to be exact.

Any theory on why?

Maybe people find novelty in watching a video about something you can’t  do on a Kindle?

Regardless, it gives me hope that print — and pop up books — live on…

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 18th, 2010 at 12:00 pm. It is filed under media. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

9 Responses to “1.8 million views on a video about…a pop up book??”

1. B. Inspired. says:

I can see why! THat is so cool.. whoever made this book, must have spent a lot of time on it for sure.

2. Michelle says:

Pretty awesome! Long live books!

3. thevoyageofv says:

Wow, that IS a ton of views! I'm not sure why, but I can assure you I will never, ever make the switch to Kindle. There's something special about a physical book. Holding it, marking it up, saving it, coming back to it. It's just not the same with a Kindle…

4. Kristin Hjellegjerde says:

It is an art piece. Pop up books are fantastic!
    I still love holding paper more in my hands while reading then a computer:)

5. gracey says:

pop-up genius! :)

6. Steve Gravano says:

I agree with Kristin H. it's more about the art of it that it being a book. It's great!

7. jonas wunderman says:

i want one. I dont know why really, but have on of those i must …..

8. Don says:

Im working on a altered pop up book at the moment-a real challenge.
    Who needs a real book nowdays? People with an appreciation of art! We have lost the album cover to MP3 and the paper book looks next to go.

9. Rosa says:

Very good blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little
    lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress
    or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m totally overwhelmed .. Any ideas? Thanks!