Nov 30, 2010

….It’s been seven months since we sold our beloved English Tudor house in the midst of this dreadful economy. I went through the summer missing my old garden with all its pink roses….So maybe I should be more cautious. But, I really want another house…
This time I’ve fallen completely in love with a little Victorian:

It’s 125 years old…

It looks so cute on the outside but inside it’s, well, a project.
Can I afford to fall in love again with another house?

I really want another chance.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 at 2:56 am. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

25 Responses to “My hopes for another chance…”

1. Margaret says:

I miss reading your blog! I didn't realize you had lived in Pasadena!!! I used to live there:) I hope you find a new house to fall in love with and live in!

2. Alicia says:

It's a beautiful home- I hope you get your wish!

3. Daydream Lily says:

oh this home is beautiful, it reminds me of some of the victorians in Melburne. Our last home in Melbourne was an Edwardian that also needed alot of work, but it was such a beautiful home.

4. Chelsea says:

this is so pretty!!

5. Kristin Hjellegjerde says:

Adorable! GO FOR IT!

6. Melanie's Randomness says:

Well it is one hell of a house to fall in love with!! It's beautiful!! Good luck! =)

Melanie's Randomness

7. Kayla says:

omg it's so you! and i dont even know you! haha

awe, you should try to get it, it seems like it will truly make you happy <3

Kayla

8. Vanya Wilkinson says:

I really hope your dream comes true! This place is so pretty. It really reminds me of the lovely bay villa's that are all over Auckland, New Zealand.

Just found this one on a real estate website its almost identical.

I suppose these house patterns were copied far and wide – amazing :)

9. Concrete Jungle says:

Fingers crossed you have a MERRY XMAS and all your wishes come true!

10. Laura says:

The stained glass is beautiful! I really hope that you can go for it :-)

11. Jill says:

Stunning! It's hard to make such a difficult decision when something as emotionally-charged as a home is involved. Good luck.

12. Tonia says:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

13. B. Inspired. says:

I hope you get another chance… Your cottage with the roses looked like a dream

14. Giulia says:

Of course you deserve a second chance. But I grew up in a lot of "real projects" & say phooey because they become sources of stress usually. Know what I mean?

It is pretty, for sure, but maybe I'm less impressed because Victorians are truly at dime a dozen here. I'm wary of pretty pictures unless just for fun.

That being said, whatever you want dahlink, you should haff. xo

15. Linda S. Socha says:

I understand. 8 years ago I sold a house I had loved for 15 years. A right decision at the time …Only in the past couple of years do I understand what the meaning of selling that house was for me.

Of course financial played a part in it but not the major reason as I thought then.

A house/home is a representation of self or change and transition or reinvention for me.

Take your time to decide….There can be some liberation in allowing time

Linda

16. curious constellation says:

It's beautiful!

17. Milady Productions says:

i feel your pain, the lost love of those antique walls…this little cake of a house could be just what you need! i am happy to find you -

18. Milady Productions says:

ps i REALLY LOVE your brilliant daughter's film…she is my hero too. best of luck to your family – your love is an inspiration and what really matters. good things are coming your way!!!

19. the real mia says:

It is so so sweet. It looks like it belongs where I live, in Ventura.

20. The Gourmet Traveller says:

It is beautiful! You could always renovate slowly and of course, everyone deserves second chances!

21. Isabel G. says:

I would fall in love with house too! It's so lovely!!!

XX

22. Plinth says:

absolutely my dream house!have you seen the film One night at McCools?LOVE the house in that-its kind of similar to this one.

23. Uncle Beefy says:

I can absolutely see why this would tug at the heart strings, m'dear. It's beautifully romantic and I'd be multi-bidding against you while holding my beggar's tin cup! Hope it's more heartwarming than heartbreaking for you. :)

24. S and R says:

I'm in love with this house, just by seeing these pictures!
    Tone – http://swingsandroundabouts-blog.blogspot.com/

25. lady lyles says:

Sheesh, it's lovely! I'd love to live in a house like this someday. : ) Much congratulations.