Dec 14, 2010

books

Here’s my list:

“Audrey 100: A Rare and Intimate Photo Collection Selected by Audrey Hepburn’s Family.”
by Ellen Fontana

Maira Kalman’s “And the Pursuit of Happiness.”

“The Invisible Bridge” by Julie Orringer

“Cleopatra: A Life,” by Stacy Schiff

“Frank: The Voice,” by James Kaplan

What about you?

(Photo by Uniform Studio.)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 14th, 2010 at 6:46 pm. It is filed under Books. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

13 Responses to “Which books are you giving as presents?”

1. Anna of {Green Gable} says:

my husband is a huge Frank Sinatra fan. Thank you for this! I love giving books as presents-it's such a personal gift. My choice this year would be Bill Bryson's book Home. I love introducing my friends to his writing.

xo, Anna of Green Gable

2. Jenna says:

Great picks! This past year, I loved these books, so I'll gift these to my nearest & dearest:

Great House by Nicole Krauss

Vanishing and Other Stories by Deborah Willis

The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman

3. Pattie says:

I'm getting my fiance Sugar & Spice it's a compilation of books about cooking desserts :)

4. Saumya says:

Gorgeous collection :) I LOVE the Audrey Hepburn book. (I just curled up to Roman Holiday this weekend.) Another great book for anyone into style is Rachel Zoe's guide book.

5. nanne says:

i am also giving Cleopatra…to my archeology/classical studies majoring daughter.

How to Sew a Button and Other Nifty Things your Granmother Knew–Erin Bried

As Always, Julia:The Letters of Julia child and Avis DeVoto–Joan Rearden

My New Orleans (cookbook & stories from one of my fav. n.o. chefs)–John Besh

Frank Stitt's Southern Table: Recipes and Gracious Traditions from Highlands Bar and Grill–Frank Stitt (a little bit of an oldie, but one of my top five favorite cookbook/lookbooks, gorgeous pics, great recipes and very nice writing)

that's all for the moment, more will be added in my annual last minute shopping frenzy..

nanne

p.s. love your website!

6. Cynthia at A Shimmy In My Spirit says:

The Audrey Hepburn book is on my wish list. I'm giving away Read My Pins (about Madeleine Albright), A Life of Style by Rebecca Moses and Etc by Sibella Court.

7. Tammie Lee says:

lovely to see your gift choices.
    I am giving Eternal Echoes by John O'Donohue – I love this book. Then I am making 6 custom calendars of my nature photography – does that count?

8. Hanny says:

At anyone who hasn't read them, I always hurl "Guns, Germs and Steel," or "All Quiet on the Western Front." Hardback. Right in the face. BAM! Knowledge!

9. Melanie's Randomness says:

I'm giving "Eat Pray Love" to my aunt!! =)

Melanie's Randomness

10. little augury says:

I have the Pursuit of Happiness to give-and got one for myself as well. I have covered clients and family in The World of Madeline Castaing.

11. HappyDay says:

I'm going back to classics this year–

The Complete Novels and Short Stories of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle for my dad,

The Rag and Bone Shop of the Heart for my mom,

and

Letters to a Young Poet for my sister…

and I would love that Audrey book!

-HappyDay-

12. lady lyles says:

I'm still giving The Help to anyone who hasn't read it yet!

13. Carrie Miller says: