Mar 08, 2011

Happy Monday/Tuesday! There were lots of interesting stories on the Internet over the past few days. Here’s a little round-up of my favorites — lovely, strange, bitter and beautiful:

A Brooklyn couple turns their house into a haven for cool flea-market finds.

William Styron’s Darkness Visible — a memoir on depression — remains, two decades on,
a beacon of hope.

Alice Walker’s daughter is carrying around a lot of bitterness towards her mum.

A treasure trove of royal wedding memorabilia. (Is it really next month?)

Charlie Sheen’s sad, strange poetry.

(Illustration by Samuel Castaño.)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 at 4:58 am. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

6 Responses to “Monday Media Bits”

1. Jo says:

I've just clicked on the link and read Alice Walker's daughter's piece. Wow…disturbing, really. A really great read!

Love the photos from the first link! So much fun!

2. The above fore-mentioned. says:

Loved the house and also read the Alice Walker article, how awful for her daughter. I liked one of Sheen's poems (the 2nd one) and absolutely love the illustration by Samuel Castano – thanks for sharing these great links!

3. Giulia says:

Thanks for the links. I'll just say about Rebecca Walker that she's been living off of this for a long time. I don't like how articles & radio programs who have her on do not try to find out any other side. I tend, in cases like this, to want to know a bit more.

Anyway, Styron's book was a huge deal for lots of us & I cannot believe it's been 20 years. (It was also serialized in The New Yorker.)

Great illustration.

4. Molly says:

Wow, that article on Alice Walker's daughter was so interesting.

5. Len♥reNeverM♥re says:

Can't wait for the royal wedding, Tina!
    The recent Galliano news was shocking I must say!

6. Scott says:

Nice blog, hi there, i found that there is one website offering free puzzle games. Just take one minute to sign up then you will receive one free puzzle game. Would you like one? Enter the below URL to get one:http://www.684899.com/en/CosmicCreature/project_1.htm