Mar 13, 2011

I’ve been thinking so much this weekend about the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan. More than 1,000 people are confirmed dead and more than 10,000 are missing. Parts of the country have very little electricity and no water supply. People need food, blankets and shelter.

I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to donate to the relief efforts. Philanthropy.com has a good list of charities that are responding. HERE’S THE LINK if you’re interested in giving too.

(Photo by Masaaki Miyara.)

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 13th, 2011 at 4:16 am. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

11 Responses to “Thoughts and Prayers”

1. Milady Productions says:

the cherry blossoms are a beautiful and fitting tribute to the Japanese. so many good hearts like yours helping. thank you for visiting my birds today.

2. liza says:

Thank you for the link and the lovely photo. Yes, they need our help.

3. silvia Navarro says:

GREAT!!!!LOVE THIS STYLE!
    KISS SWEET

XX

4. Len♥reNeverM♥re says:

Good morning Tina,
    I have a talented colleagues in Japan. It's heartbreaking to watch the updates coming from there.
    I was supposed to fly to Tokyo again at theend of this month, I doubt it's going to happen now…

XO*

5. seventhings says:

Hi, if it's alright with you, I'd like to place a link to a fundraising page set up by a Japanese lady:

Thanks…

-C

6. Half-heard in the Stillness says:

Your photograph of the Cherry Blossoms just coming out is so 'right', whilst we are all praying for Japan.

7. Alysha Marie says:

This polaroid is just beautiful and really fits right along with what you are saying here. What has happened to those people this past week is just absolutely devastating. It is nice to see the few people that take the time to recognize them.

8. Molly McGonigle says:

It's been really hard to stomach what has happened in Japan. That being said, I think it's wonderful you are encouraging people to donate because it's a situation that will take a long time to recover from.

On a less serious note, I love the new blog layout!

9. Daydream Lily says:

the more I read about it the more upset I feel. The thought of whole towns wiped out, it's just so devastating.

10. Tracey says:

Such a terrible tragedy … that photo of cherry blossoms reflects the hope that is now needed more than ever.

11. Jo says:

Even as I watch the news it is so hard to take in how much devastation the people of Japan have experienced. Thank you for the link!