Mar 23, 2011

What do you recommend?

(Photo by Party Tights.)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 at 2:55 pm. It is filed under Books. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

39 Responses to “What are you reading?”

1. The Blissful Academic says:

I just started reading Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. I love her novels!

2. Larissa says:

I just finished Tintin in the New World by Frederic Tuten. I have a short review and and some thoughts on the Tintin enterprise here:

3. Melanie says:

I'm reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Really good read so far.

4. Iva says:

everything by Tom Robbins, especially Jitterburg Perfume! I love it soooooo much=)

5. SAMANTHA says:

i am reading The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf and it is getting me very fired up! it is an important read!

check out my blog, i am always writing about books!

xo
    sami

6. TERI REES WANG says:

"Cutting for Stone"
    by Abraham Verghese

7. Giulia says:

Rereading Shirley Hazzard's gorgeous The Great Fire bec. of Japan.

8. gracey says:

currently reading Pictures of Hollis Woods πŸ™‚

9. Jo says:

The Bhagavad-Gita….the Signet Classic edition. This edition is actually easy to read and understand. And the forward is by Aldous Huxley!
    I'm trying to learn about the beliefs of other cultures in an effort to understand the world around me. It's getting smaller and smaller. πŸ™‚

10. M says:

Ohmygod you stole my cat! πŸ™‚
    He's exactly the same, spooky!

I am rereading "We were the Mulvaneys" by Joyce Carol Oates and it's still great…

11. Krissy (Shimmer Like Gold) says:

I'm plugging through Irene Nemirovsky's Suite Francaise. I've gotten a bit distracted by it though because I just got Kazou Ishiguro's Nocturnes in the mail the other day and I'm DYING to read it. I have to finish the other first though. I'm kind of crazy about not starting new books until I finish the old first. πŸ˜› But the anticipation! Oh, the anticipation for Nocturnes!

12. laurie says:

i am reading my way through this month's sun magazine – so many great stories!

13. Stefanie says:

The Help

xo, stefanie

14. Kori says:

I'm reading the strain series. Love it!!! You might want to read my novel though, hint hint.

Have a great day doll!

Have you heard about my good news? Kori xoxo

blondeepisodes.com

15. Molly McGonigle says:

I"m reading Brooklyn. I'm trying to read it slowly to savor it.

I love these posts to find out what other people are reading!

16. Tegan says:

Satori in Paris by Jack Kerouac, The Matchmaker of Perigord, and of course, Pride and Prejudice! A classic! πŸ˜€ xo

17. Pour l'amour de la vie says:

I am reading Brad Meltzer's "The Inner Circle". Quick read and very interesting.

18. annekata says:

Just finished "Snowflower and The Secret Fan" by Lisa See, the fascinating story of Lily's and Snowflower's friendship in nineteenth century rural China. I'm with Molly, and love seeing, what other people are reading. Thanks for your inspiring blog!

19. Raji says:

Aww what an adorable photo
    Unfortunately not reading anything at the moment, can't wait for lazy summer days reading in the garden

20. Don't Print That! says:

I read Just Kids last weekend, couldn't put it down. Patti Smith turns a beautiful phrase.

21. Elissa says:

i'm currently reading storyteller, the authorized biography of roald dahl. so far so good!

22. Katie Bee says:

I've recently finished Housekeeping, by Marilyn Robinson, and Let the Great World Spin, by Colum McCann. I'm going to review them tomorrow on my blog. I'm savoring the last few months of time to read for fun before starting a graduate English degree and doing critical reading all the time. I'm also in the middle of Julie and Julia, and haven't decided how I feel about it yet. Mostly good, but I'm not fully sure.
    Oh, and I just read Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro, but watch the movie first so you can actually enjoy it (that's my philosophy, anyway).

23. Suse says:

That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo…the rehearsal dinner episode is worth a re-read! Enjoy…

24. Kim says:

Wait for Me! by Deborah Mitford–loved it. Here is my review from last month:

25. Jordan says:

Out of Africa by Izak Dinesen (Karen Blixen). It is fantastic!

26. M.o.Mod says:

Brooklyn is one of my recent favourites. I went on a Toibin kick in the fall and have Mothers and Sons in a stack by my bed waiting.

Right now, I'm starting A Short Life of Trouble, a memoir by Marcia Tucker.

27. Nerissa says:

I'm reading,Paulo Coelho's "By The River Piedra, I Sat Down adn Wept"…

28. littleghostgirl says:

I just read Family Album by Penelope Lively. It's not only a beautiful and melancholic novel, it also hosts one of Laura Letinsky's photographs on the cover (a favorite photographer of mine). I highly recommend any of her works. πŸ™‚

29. Hausfrau says:

I just put the new Alexander McCall Smith novel (The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party) on my Kindle. Can't wait to start it–I love everything that man writes!

30. Marie Alice says:

The little white horse, by E. Goudge. Magic.
    Also Remarkable creatures, by Tracy Chevalier

31. Tonia says:

The intimidatingly big Caravaggio by Andrew Graham-Dixon and a recent surprise return to Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Possibly just to give my wrists a break every now and then!

32. andrea says:

I'm currently reading the gravedigger's daughter, by Joyce Carol Oates.

33. Lena says:

"Twice Pardon." πŸ˜€

34. Jo says:

Last minute add: The Paris Wife by Paula McLain…Hemingway's first wife! I'm fascinated by that whole group of people and that period in time!

35. Katie King says:

boundaries by henry townsend

36. Jo says:

Argh…3rd comment under the same post and was reading The Paris Wife and realized I mistyped. It's by Paula McLain…ABOUT Hemingway's first wife, not BY Hemingway's first wife. Although, that would be fantastic! πŸ˜‰
    Anyway, just in case readers are considering the suggestions, I thought I should correct that.
    xox

37. nanne says:

i am just starting the savage garden by mark mills.

it's been sitting in my to-read stack for over a year. it was recommended to me as a very literary, historical, kind of creepy, mystery by my cousins who have a fab independent bookstore in montgomery, al–they always are on point in book recs..and so far, so good.

38. Erin Wallace says:

Not anything at the moment, but i'm dying to read Audrey Niffeneger's newest novel and I've also wanted to read An American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld

All content © 2017 by English Muse