May 10, 2011

Ok, maybe he doesn’t weight quite 30 pounds, but Shoes is now officially as wide as he is tall. I think he’s responding to the stress of the move by eating. (I am too.)

We’re still working our way through stacks of boxes on the porch. And my husband and I are having an intense debate: He says we should go to Best Buy to get a new stove; I say we should buy a Wedgewood on Craigs List. Vintage stoves are so charming.

Until we get this settled, we’re all living on take out!

(Pictures of Shoes when he only weighed 12 pounds.)
I’m dreading the lecture I’m going to get from the vet…

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 at 4:15 am. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

13 Responses to “30-pound cat”

1. TERI REES WANG says:

Living on 'take-out' will leave you and yours, as fabulously fat as "Shoes"! ;P

Or.. build your own, new-vintage Elmira stove…

2. WrightStuff says:

I'm reading this while sitting with a fat purring cat on my lap! Is he as big as Socks? Probably! I'm so glad Socks found a happy home with you.

3. Emma says:

awww I love him! Love his cute little white paws. I know it's not PC but plump kitties are adorable.

Good luck with the vintage stove!

4. notinthepink.com says:

Awww, what an adorable big ball of fluff! Hahaha. Awww, once you're all settled into the new house and he goes off and explores the new neighbourhood, that weight will fall off him completely. :)

~*~*~

Ceri

5. Colleen says:

Oh my, what a cutie! Shoes is such a terrific name for a cat :D

6. Giulia says:

What kind of beverages is that Dude drinking! lol

I'm glad I'm not gonna have the vet lecture. Julie is a self-limiting eater. Don't know how I ended up w/that!

7. Len♥reNeverM♥re says:

haha…adore chubby pets!
    my vet gives me lecture all the time on my chubby happy pugs! i'm not giving them anymore croissants!

8. Katie says:

I think he's still adorable!

I really love the wedgewood stoves (like swooning and bookmarking the pictures right now love), but in terms of practicality, something with a warranty is usually pretty nice to have. That said, you could compromise with a vintage-styled but thoroughly modern stove. I've seen them around the internet. Good luck!

9. Diana says:

Oh you're going to hate me! My new home (well, it's a historical home but it's new to me!) comes with one! I'm thinking of getting a Big Chill fridge to match it. I'd love your thoughts on how to decorate it!

10. Christina Simon says:

He is SO cute!!!

11. Sara says:

In my apartment I have a plain stove that has not held up to past cleanings- previously I had a very nice Thermador convection/gas range. For the long haul I'd go modern, as nice as I can afford. Amana? Gas, self cleaning? I loved my Amana fridge.

12. Kris says:

My cat is huge too but I don't over feed him. In fact I feed him natural gluten free food! But, he was a stray with lots of muscle before I took him home. The moment he became domestic he blumped! Just like me. LOL!

13. Hello there, You’ve done an excellent job. I willl certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website.