May 20, 2011

Candles, Candles Burning Bright
My father died one year ago today. I have missed him every day since. Some hurts never heal.

(My tribute from last year.)

Photo by Realyn 1.

This entry was posted on Friday, May 20th, 2011 at 4:05 am. It is filed under love & loss, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

27 Responses to “One Year Ago”

1. Diana says:

Losing a parent is always heartbreaking, whether it's been a year or a day. I'm so sorry for your loss. xx

2. Cynthia's Blog says:

So sorry. The hole in our heart stays there. We just eventually learn how to find joy again in spite of it.

Cynthia

3. Sarah says:

I will be thinking of you today. My mother died five months ago today. I hope that this coming year will be easier for you.

4. Heartbeatoz says:

Be kind to yourself Today sending Hugs from Australia

5. A Serenade for Solitude says:

Hugs and blessings.

Cassie

6. Ms Smart says:

awww, peace to you and a warm deep smile from loving times shared. absence hurts.

7. Niki says:

My thoughts are with you.

My Graddad passed away 3 years ago, he was like a father to me, and it will get easier… I promise.

The most important thing to keep him 'living' is in your thoughts.

Niki @ http://little-quaint-moments-and-memories.blogspot.com/
    xx

8. Len♥reNeverM♥re says:

I do remember the day as well, Tina.
    Cherish the wonderful memories always~
    xo*

9. In transit says:

I lost my dad a year ago and feels like im never gonna heal…

10. Daydream Lily says:

Thoughts are with you love. xo

11. Teresa says:

Oh yes, they heal.

One day you'll give a deep breath and the hole that was there no longer exists… and the healing starts after this sad milestone – once that the world completed his route over everything you used to share yearly (birthdays, anniversaries, Summers, first Watermelon slice of the year, his healing hand when you were feeling poor) the next route won't be that hurtful and the following will carry the warmth of the memory…
    Trust and See.
    Take Care,
    Teresa

12. Hannah says:

I'm sorry for such a huge loss. My heart goes out to you and I wish you peace on this sad day. xx

13. Jennifer says:

My thoughts are with you, Tina. The first anniversary is so painful, but as the years pass it will become more of an ache than a wrenching pain.

It has been 15 years since my mother passed (I was 26), and I still miss her terribly every day. Something a former coworker said in those first months has stuck with me always; At first the loss is a jagged, gaping hole in your heart. Over time the edges will become smoother, but the hole will always be there.

Love and peace to you :)

14. Formerly known as Frau says:

((hugs)) I hope your memories are stronger than your pain.

15. Elizabeth @rosalilium says:

Thoughts with you today.x.

16. Shell says:

Sending you much love. Anniversaries especially the first one is so hard.

17. Erica says:

Bless you heart. My heart goes out to you!

18. Pamela says:

It's been two and a half months since my mom died, and almost 11 years since I lost my dad, but reading your blog is a comfort. Hopefully it helps to know that others share your experience — and appreciate your words.

19. Hannah J. Holmes says:

I'm so sorry. I know that pain never completely fades

20. flamingodancer says:

The first year is the very worst. My Dad has been gone 10 years now and the hurt and pain is gone, though the missing is always there.

21. roseleann says:

It will be a year and a half for my Dad this Tuesday the 24th. I remember crying myself to sleep at night when I was little, imagining the death of my parents, and waking up the next morning realizing how foolish I was to worry about something so many years in the future. You can never prepare yourself for the death of a parent…Mom, my husband, and I miss him all the time…we were a foursome that loved our outings (lunch, dinner, drives), and playing cards – we have so many lovely memories…it's just not the same without him…we miss him so much! God bless you as remember all your wonderful times together, and your heart breaks as you miss him.

22. Adrienne says:

It's been 4 years since my dad died, and I agree, some hurts never heal.

23. Jo says:

I've been away from blogging for a few days. I'm so sorry for the late comment. My dad passed when I was 20. I miss him every day.
    Sending you love.

24. Milady Productions says:

blessings to you both.

25. jane says:

Sorry for your loss. I lost my father when I was thirteen and agree some hurts never go away but they become bearable. What a beautiful and touching tribute to your father.

26. jessica says:

I stumbled across your blog and fell in love with the pictures. I’m in the very difficult process of losing my father and came across this post. It has been a great help to me even though I don’t know you. It feels strange to continue with a blog or with m life in the midst of all of this, but seeing yours continue makes me feel like it’s ok. My sympathy and thanks are with you.