Jul 18, 2011

I just started Julie Orringer’s “The Invisible Bridge.” It’s a love story set in Budapest and Paris, and it looks amazing. I really need to get lost in a book at the moment.

What about you?

(Photo by Katie Lionheart).

This entry was posted on Monday, July 18th, 2011 at 8:45 pm. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

33 Responses to “What are you reading?”

1. Jg. for FatScribe says:

re-reading Robert Harris's "Ghost" … you can see the review of the movie "Ghost Writer" here if you're bored, Ms. Tina.

i know … such self-promotion will not go unpunished.

be well.

2. julialuckett says:

I'm reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil! Excellent book set in Savannah, Georgia!

Great photo

3. Naomi Bulger says:

Sweet photograph. I've just started I Capture the Castle. Can you believe I've never read it? This one slipped through, but no more…

4. mady dooijes says:

I am reading The harsh cry of the heron- tales of the otori (last book) by Lian Hearn. Beautifully written, I thoroughly enjoyed her previous books of the otori clan…Hard to put down! Mady x

5. Kelly Rae says:

I've never heard of the invisible bridge, sounds like a fascinating read. I'm reading: The Art of Babar by Nicholas Weber

6. emyoh says:

I've just finished The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons. Intense!

7. Ayuni says:

Just finished 30 days with highland husband by Melissa Mayhue!

8. Casee Marie says:

Oh, that sounds interesting. I'm currently reading Salman Rushdie's The Enchantress of Florence. I quite like it, but haven't had the kind of time to devote to a writer like Rushdie so it's been taking me a while to really get into it. He has such a captivating way of writing, though. He'll sometimes make one sentence last a whole paragraph and it sort of floats like a song. And the settings in the book – India and Florence – are so rich in historical detail. It's a great summer read!

9. English Muse says:

What a beautiful way to describe Rushdie's writing: Sentences that float like songs!

10. Molly McGonigle says:

I'm reading Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan. It's such a wonderful read highlighting family relationships, change and moving forward. I highly recommend it!

11. Tonia says:

Just coming to the end of Hare with Amber Eyes, then it's onto the Crimson Petal and the White, followed by Mr Golightly's Holiday. Roll on my 2 weeks off work – there's a lot of pages to be got through!

12. Krissy (Shimmer Like Gold) says:

I'm having a bit of an Austenian summer – currently finishing off Persuasion, and then it's onto Pride & Prejudice.

13. Linda says:

An Austenian summer, that sounds very good! I just started Wuthering Heights, because believe it or not, I've never read it and I thought it was about time. I think i'm going to love it!

14. Nina~sara says:

i love russian classic, so I started Dostojevski's Idiot, which one of the most amazing books I ever held in my hands. I strongly recommend it if you haven't read it yet :)

15. Luli says:

That sounds amazing! I might have to pick that up. Budapest and Paris. So romantic.

I'm reading Heartless by Gail Carriger. It's Victorian England steampunk, with vampires, werevolves and ghosts as main characters. So fun.

16. Kim says:

The Lunatic Express by Carl Hoffman. Hoffman travels on every death-defying mode of transportation in Third World countries. Crazy.

17. Grace says:

I'm reading The Last American Man by Elizabeth Gilbert (written before she became all famous for Eat, Pray, Love).

18. Santafire says:

The Mallorean series by David Eddings :)

19. Karissa says:

Lovely whimsical photo!
    Just finished Lolita (for the first time!) and started Room by Emma Donoghue.

20. demie says:

i am …between books at the time, but i have some recommentations on my blog. Yours ( blog) is just marvelous : )

21. Nina~sara says:

@ Karissa, ohhh i loved lolita! and the way he writes its amazing! i literaly missed the book when i finished it.

22. marthalena says:

The Virgin Suicides. Loved, loved, loved the Sofia Copolla movie but never read the book for some reason. Amazed by the great writing.

23. Sunday Taylor says:

Reading "The Paris Wife" about Ernest Hemingway's first wife. I love it.

24. Melissa Hall says:

I'm reading The Brooklyn Follies, but I just bought a copy of The Invisible Bridge the other day and I can't wait to read it.

25. The Wanderers' Daughter says:

Done! That'll be next in my listening library.

I'm reading Taschen's coffee table books on London and Paris at the moment. Very inspiring!

26. Monica {bohemian twilight} says:

my eldest niece lent me Eat Pray Love. and lso flicking through Katherine Mansfield's Notebooks. i'm going to try hemingway next.

27. Kristin H says:

Reading "The Island" by Victoria Hislop right now after that I will move to the greatly reviewed "The Tiger´s wife" by Tea Obreht.
    Have a great weekend!

28. Heather says:

I love sitting down with a good book! I just finished "Jane Austen, A Life" and it was one of the better biographies I've read of her. I'm currently reading "One THousand White Women" a fictional account of a group of women who go to marry into a tribe of Indians in the 1800s :)

29. Carolynn Cecilia says:

delightfully wandering around in the world of Franny and Zooey. Salinger is the man.

30. Carol says:

Stieg Larsson's The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo

31. Caterina says:

This is a good book…

Caterina@LemieScarpeRosa

32. KOHAKOU says:

Right now I'm reading "Marina" by Carlos Ruis Zafon. I loved all his books so far – he has a very unique style of writing with all those secrets and mystery, but also always thrilling stories set in the past and with a lot of history (of Spain mostly) in it.

Before I finished "Låt den rätte komma in" (So finster die Nacht/let the right one in) by Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist. I loved the simple, plain and very dark style a lot.

33. Beatrice says:

Finishing “Cutting for stone” (Excellent read)
    Do you still like “the Paris wife”? I might read that one next…let me know