Aug 15, 2011

give
Fiona Watson

love you pillows 1 & 2
Buitenlander

Souk@Sat Exclusives
{Jewelry & Wall Wear }

I really want to learn how to do embroidery. It’s my next craft pursuit!

This entry was posted on Monday, August 15th, 2011 at 12:15 pm. It is filed under handmade, Vintage. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

12 Responses to “Monday Inspiration: Stitched”

1. Cassie says:

Yes! These photos are so inspiring!

2. Candice says:

My grandmother taught me to embroider when I was about 5 years old.
    I have always done it and enjoyed it, so I will encourage you to go buy some thread and start. It is really easy and soothing if your nerves need a little quieting.
    I love those pillow cases ! I might have to copy that :)
    besos, C

3. Jess Lucas says:

This is my next big craft project too! :) Autumn is always a good time to start!
    Jess x

4. Ion says:

These photos are so wonderful!!! I am learning to knit right now and once I have moved on a little emboidery will be my next project!

P.S. Love your blog!

5. laurie b says:

oh, embroidery is so fun! it is like meditating, really. and the best thing is you can do it anywhere – on road trips (if you aren’t driving!), on airplanes, and during very boring meetings. i love the photos you posted and am itching to pick up a needle.

6. melissa says:

i love every single picture! i want to learn too! :)

7. Maria Speidel says:

I agree with Candice. Might have to copy those pillow cases.

I learned to embroider while a Girl Scout in the seventies. The pin cushion I made for my badge is still among my favorite juvenilia. One of the moms in the troop taught us. She was very talented, had a beautifully decorated house and the whole experience of going to her house, seeing her work and learning this new skill was very inspiring. We used crewel-work wool yarn on coarse linen. I did a smiling sun, heavily influenced by some of the popular advertising motifs of the day. It sits on my dressing table today.

8. Mandy says:

Where did u get all this beautiful photo ?

9. L says:

Hi, those are my pillowcases :) The design is from Lazy May and the pattern is free. Link on my Flickr page.