Aug 19, 2011

Happy Friday everyone…
Seems I’ve been writing a lot about Paris this week. I keep getting emails from Air France saying they’re having a grand summer sale with one-way fares around $250. And I really want to go. But, alas, I can’t for now…

So here’s to a weekend of vicarious living. I just started reading the Paris Wife by Paula McLain on my Kindle Cloud. It’s a historical fiction about the time Ernest Hemingway and his wife Hadley spent in the City of Light. It’s good so far, the perfect end-of-summer read.

I also downloaded the latest copy of Marie Claire Idees on Zinio in a quest for a new craft project. Their patterns are so cute. The only drawback is I can’t read French. (Can I Google translate an entire magazine?)

What are you doing this weekend?

Photo by Thom♥

This entry was posted on Friday, August 19th, 2011 at 9:14 am. It is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

9 Responses to “What are you doing this weekend?”

1. Jane says:

I’ve just placed ‘The Paris Wife’ in my wish list only yesterday! It looks good.I really like your photograph that jammy bread looks delicious…ah! shame I’m wheat intolerant, I totally miss bread.

Have a great week-end.

2. Maria Speidel says:

Love Marie-Claire Idees. Usually buy it at the newstand at Laurel Canyon and Ventura. I’ve noticed that ideas or idees I see there first often turn up decorating the likes of Anthropology or Starbucks, or some such.

3. Tracey says:

I’m laying low this weekend, feeling a little under-the-weather … but I have been thinking about reading ‘The Paris Wife’ too … it’s my kind of book! :)

4. Jocelyn says:

I just picked up The Paris Wife on Thursday. I read a sample a few months ago and loved what I read. I finished Hemingway’s A Moveable Feast earlier this week and decided it was time to read The Paris Wife. Enjoy :)

5. Hannah says:

have you read a moveable feast by hemmingway? it’s on my to read list but that’s meant to be an amazing representation of paris. i really want to do a language course this year and can’t decide between spanish (which my friend would rather learn) or french! decisions decisions

raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

xx

6. Susan says:

I very nearly bought The Paris Wife yesterday at the going-out-of-biz sale at my neighborhood Borders. But. It was still too steep for me right now. I look forward to taking it out of the library.

I love MCI as well. No, I don’t think Googleytubes will translate it. lol…but you can find someone to help you, no?

xo

7. Madeleine says:

Whenever I go to Barnes & Noble (to get my monthly stash of magazines) I always see “The Paris Wife.” I have been tempted to buy the book several times. Just might buy it next time I go.
    -Madeleine

8. Molly M says:

Oh my gosh, I read The Paris Wife earlier this summer and totally fell in love. I’m such a Hemingway fan that it was cool to see things from the other side. I recently read Interpreter of Maladies and South of Superior, which were both good reads.

9. Katrine says:

I read The Paris Wife right before I left for France in June. I loved it too and felt like it was the perfect read to get me in the mood for France. Not that it takes too much to get in the mood!