Sep 12, 2011

Carey Mulligan is in Sydney, Australia at the moment filming The Great Gatsby with Leonardo DiCaprio. This photo, from a screen test on the Baz Luhrmann remake of the classic film, is slowly starting to make the rounds. I think she looks amazing. I can’t wait to see her as Daisy. Luhrmann picked Mulligan for the part over a number of other A-list actress, including Natalie Portman.
(Last time I wrote about this, some of you were unsure of DiCaprio as Gatsby…)

Did you see Carey in An Education?

This entry was posted on Monday, September 12th, 2011 at 12:29 pm. It is filed under It Girls & Icons. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

16 Responses to “Carey Mulligan filming Gatsby”

1. Mary says:

Beautiful. Yes, I saw An Education and loved Carey in it. She’s gorgeous and I’m looking forward to seeing this! I also adore Leo and think he can do just about anything.

2. Vanessa says:

Oh my God, I can’t WAIT to see this! I love her, she looks fantastic!

3. What a beautiful picture. I really liked her in An Education

4. Janet says:

Oh! I think both actors are good choices for their parts. The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books. The only book I have read multiple times. 😉

5. GORGEOUS! I can’t wait to see what he does with this. It’s sure to be stunning!

6. Diana says:

I have enjoyed her performances in every film I’ve seen her in. I can’t wait to see Luhrmann’s take on the novel. This photo just increases the anticipation!

7. Kacie says:

I LOVE Carey M. An Education was amazing and I can’t wait to see this version of GG!

Kacie
    A Collection of Passions

8. Jess Lucas says:

This is the first time that I have heard about this and I am very excited!!Love carey, GG and Baz so I have high hopes 🙂

Jess x

9. alicia says:

This is a perfectly cast ensemble. I’m still obsessed with “The Great Gatsby” and can’t wait to see the artistic spin Luhrmann is going to bring to the American staple. I hope there’s an element of crazy, drawing from the Fitzgeralds’ crazy lifestyle.

10. Micaela says:

I LOVE Carey Mulligan. I read The Great Gatsby in English last year and fell in love with the novel. I’m so excited to see the story come to life.

11. anna says:

I’m so excited to see this version of Gatsby. I hope he lives up to the novel.

12. Emma says:

I loved An Education. Carey has such a gamine appeal, I just adore her. I also really like Leo and I think they’re both great choices for Gatsby.

13. ta says:

I haven’t heard of this! Do you think it will be good?

14. April says:

She’s so beautiful! I’m so excited for this!

15. Krissy says:

I love Carey! I can’t wait to see her in this film.

16. linda says:

I think they are actually trying to make movies of all the books ever written, so many films based on literature have been made in the last few years! Consequently, since I am one of those ‘must-read-book-before-seeing-film’ sort of person, I have my own list of books to read. The Great Gatsby is waiting for me to finish the book I am reading now, after that, i think it’s going to be Anna Karenina, I’m really looking forward to that one.
    An Education was beautiful. I also really loved the music in it!

All content © 2016 by English Muse