Sep 27, 2011

P1200873

I’m in the middle of “One Day” and I positively love it. I’m at the point where I really don’t want the book to end. Maybe this explains why I’ve been reading it so slowly…Who knew One Day could take three weeks?

I’ve also been swamped with projects, which I’m really happy about! So I’ve been slipping in my reading time here and there — mostly in the two minutes before I fall asleep at 1 am.

What about you?

By the way, thank you for taking my little survey. I will reveal the results at the end of the week!

Photo Credits: All Over Print, Ghost Ships, Susannah * Photobird.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 27th, 2011 at 3:16 am. It is filed under Blog, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

32 Responses to “What are you reading?”

1. Karen says:

At the moment I’m reading The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai.
    Haven’t read One Day. I might have to pick it up after I finish my current read. Gotta reach my goal of 15 books this year…

2. Joann says:

I’m halfway through Rules of Civility by Amor Towles. It’s about the fabulous society set in 1930′s New York.

3. Shaz says:

I have heard so much about “One Day”, will definitely add it to my wishlist.

I am currently reading “God Bless you, Mr. Rosewater” by Kurt Vonnegut and its brilliant in its absurdity. :)

4. Mirka says:

Oh, I LOVE that book! So much that I managed to read it in one day and just couldn’t stop, which is quote unusual for me as I’m no avid reader. I’m looking forward to the movie, though I know they probably didn’t manage to include all the moments.. xx

5. Beatrice says:

South of Superior, by Ellen Airgood.

6. Vicki Archer says:

Loved, ‘One Day’…..Don’t worry about the movie……xv

7. Suzie says:

I am half way through “A Fine Balance” By Rohinton Mistry. I highly recommend it.

8. Annelise says:

I loved One Day. I laughed and I howled my eyes out crying. So good.

I just finished Life, Keith Richards’s autobiography. What an eye-opener! He’s so frank about everything, including his prolific drug use. Great to get a glimpse into London in the sixties, among other things.

Now I’m reading A Way of Life, Like Any Other by Darcy O’Brien. It’s set in the days of an old, fading Hollywood. It’s quite good, I’m enjoying it so far.

9. caroline says:

I am currently reading Catching Fire (I feel silly admitting it but they are pretty addicting) and I just started reading St. Lucy’s Home For Girls Raised By Wolves. And I totally get when you say you don’t want the book to end. Sometimes I would only let myself read a good novel when I took baths (which is a rarity). But it does stretch out a good novel.

10. Lu says:

I’ve just started Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran. So far so good! I’ve always been interested in Tussaud and the fact that she had to make wax death masks from the faces of decapitated heads! Gorey but fascinating.

11. I loved One Day soooo much!!! It is definitely my biggest recommendation for the last year. I couldn’t stop thinking about it for days. Tell me when you are finished so we can talk about it!

I’m sorta reading No Ordinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin. I bought it more than a decade ago (Kristina told me to get it!) and I’m reading a few pages a day. But would love to augment that with a page turner I can’t put down. Need that in my life now!

12. Alexandra says:

Currently I have three books in my bag- Clara Bow: Runnin’ Wild, House of Mirth, and Tender is the Night. I’m obviously going through a 1920s phase!

13. Katie says:

I’m reading through my pile of academic books–eighteenth century slave narratives, a medieval text in Old English, and a textbook on the structure of modern English grammar. I enjoy most of it, but I don’t think I can really recommend any of it! I pick up my copy of Emily Dickinson’s complete works or Rilke’s Book of Images whenever I get a moment to read something for pleasure.

14. Mary says:

I really enjoyed One Day as well. I recently finished Bright’s Passage by Josh Ritter, and I just started the latest Sebastian Barry. The writing is exquisite.

15. Morgan says:

I just finished The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and it was utterly fantastic! I cannot stop raving about this book! The story has so many layers I just couldn’t put it down.

16. Kolbie says:

One Day was great. I read it REALLY fast because I loved it so much…

Right now I’m reading Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult. I really like it so far, but I haven’t had much time to get into it because of school and everything.

17. Krissy says:

Glad you’re enjoying One Day! I quite liked it too. It’s not the usual “type” of book I read, so it surprised me.

I’m reading Jonathan Safran Foer’s “Everything is Illuminated”. It’s a bit slow going though since I’m a bit swamped with projects for university. Sad face.

18. Routeless says:

I’m in the middle of The Mandarines, by Simone de Beauvoir (oldie but very good). Now I want to buy One Day!

19. Ryann says:

I’m reading Amy Waldman’s amazing debut novel, The Submission. So So so good!

20. Abigail says:

A Certain Smile- Françoise Sagan…..a daydreamers book. x

21. Beatriz says:

Heart of Darkness by Conrad

22. Fernanda says:

I read One Day too a couple of weeks ago, and I loved it!

Right now I’m about to finish Wuthering Heights. I would’ve finished it sooner, but then I started reading the first book in The Hunger Games trilogy, and I have to say I’m completely hooked! One of the most exciting books I’ve read for sure.

23. Sharmaine Ruth says:

I am rereading for the 5th time Perks of Being a Wallflower…it’s worth all the reads :)
    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

24. sécia says:

I just finished “The Zombie Autopsies” and am just trying to get through the Appendix now… it’s a little redundant.

♥ sécia

25. No Turnip says:

I have a funny feeling I won’t like One Day but i’m going to give it a go sometime. Currently going through the Lord of the Rings trilogy whilst listening to the soundtrack. So good. x

26. ta says:

I am currently reading A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin. I’m also reading the Three Musketeers.

27. Kailey says:

What stunning pictures! I am in the middle of reading Jane Eyre again ^^

28. Acacia says:

I just finished reading Krauss’ The Great House and am starting The Night Circus by Morgenstern. That and books for research.

29. Diana says:

I started ‘Full Moon’ by P.G. Wodehouse during my recent transatlantic flight and couldn’t keep from laughing out loud on the plane. His Blandings Castle stories are my favourite. I’d highly recommend his novels to those looking for a light-hearted comedy about the British aristocracy in the 1920s. Utterly delightful.

30. Moa Osen says:

I am currently reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (like I needed to add that part). I was convinced to read it after finishing The Naive and Sentimental Novelist by Orham Pamuk and Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay. I am also reading Built of Books by Thomas Wright, an examination of Oscar Wilde’s reading life. My entire life is based around the written word. *sigh*

31. sami says:

i just finished deluxe, which is all about the luxury industry! very interesting stuff! now i am reading a very old book about the study of the short story! love it!

xo
    sami

32. I’m reading East of Eden and am head-over-heels for it. It’s amazing.