Sep 28, 2011

Do you have a signature scent or do you prefer to mix and match?

penhaligon's bluebell

chanel perfume

For awhile I was doing a lot of mix and matching, but lately I’ve been wearing only L’Artisan Parfumeur’s La Chasse Aux Papillons. I love it. It’s so light and beautiful like its name, chasing butterflies. I just have a tiny bit left, so I’m saving up for a new bottle!

What about you?

PS: If you love perfume, the blog Now Smell This is fantastic for information and reviews…

Photos by Pink Bow and P. Engel.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 at 3:12 pm. It is filed under Blog, Fashion, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

36 Responses to “What’s your favorite perfume?”

1. Lisi says:

I’m a big fan of Ralph Lauren “Romance.” I stopped wearing it years ago, replacing it with “Parisienne” by YSL and Burberry “Weekend,” but I think of it as “the one that got away.” I think I know what I’m gonna get next time!

2. I am saving up for La Chasse too, isn’t it gorgeous x

3. Im a big fan of Lolita Lempicka. They smell amazing and the bottles are shaped like an apple. You couldnt ask for more:)

4. sécia says:

I’m currently in love with Ocean from Anthropologie. Very fresh scent.

♥ sécia

5. Amy B. says:

I switch scents almost daily. I consider perfume to be an accessory as much as shoes, jewelry and handbags. I have certain perfumes that “go” with certain outfits.

6. Luli says:

I don’t know you in person but I already know that this pefume is so you, just by reading your blog. :) Well, my perfume of choice is a cliche, Chanel No. 5 and also this cheap vanilla perfume from the drugstore in Paris. Thanks for the link to that perfume blog. I’m heading over right now.

7. Faye says:

I wear Dior Pure Poision at night and in the day, The Charmer by Oiseau which I found at Anthropologie. It is a cocktail of black raspberries, lemon, coconut and vanilla, so divine.

8. toi ♥ says:

i love miss dior chérie almost as much as i love sofia’s add. that and vanilla scented ones ♥

love,
    toi.-

9. Teresa says:

Well, my any-time-perfume is Coco Chanel.

But from time to time I like to smell differently but I can’t dare too much so I stick with Light Blue (Dolce Gabbana) for Summer and Escada for Winter…

10. linda says:

I’m not sure, I only know that somehow, my favorites are always pink. I’m always on the lookout and trying new ones, but I have only bought two bottles in the last five years or so. The last one was D&G’s L’Emperatrice, I wear it when I really need some sunshine, it’s so summery!

11. G says:

Pleasures, by Estee Lauder. When I was 18, I found a full bottle of Pleasures on the street. It became a signature, now I’m 23 and still buying it.

12. ta says:

No 5 is my favorite. But i’ve been wearing Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise

13. Annelise says:

I wore Dior Addict for about five years and then when it ran out earlier this year, I thought I would try out something new but everything I smelled wasn’t quite right. I finally realised that I am totally addicted to Addict.

14. caroline says:

I pretty much love all of Tocca’s perfumes. But Stella is one that I always have no matter what.

15. I love “pink sugar”! Its the only perfume I have worn for 10 years…so I suppose you can say that is my signature scent.

16. Joann says:

I’m quite happy to see Now Smell This get some love on the blogosphere! It’s a fantastic resource for all things perfume. I used to be a signature scent kind of girl, but since discovering the website a few years ago and exploring new (to me), varied fragrances out there, I’ve completely changed my tune. It’s all about creating a wardrobe of perfumes, those fragrances that suit your personality, mood, as well as the season and situation (you wouldn’t wear the same perfume on a hot date that you would to work….sexy vs. work-appropriate). Right now I’m loving Tabac Aurea by indie perfume company Sonoma Scent Studio. It’s the quintessential autumnal fragrance; notes are pipe tobacco, leather, spices, woods, and amber, among others. It’s slightly gourmand, warm, and very cozy. I adore it.

• Tina says:

I love autumn fragrances. Sable is my favorite. I can wait to start wearing it again. Maybe in another month when the weather cools off here…

17. Joanna says:

^My name is Joanna, not Joann. Just wanted to clear that up! :-)

18. Victoria says:

I love natural perfumes. My new favorite is this http://www.etsy.com/listing/63623413/november-in-the-temperate-deciduous
    It transports me to a autumnal pine forest, the place I would walk a lot when i was little, and now, when I don’t live there anymore, I miss it very much..

19. Iris says:

First, by Van Cleef & Arpels; my one and only perfume since years and probably for the rest of my life. It is so Me!

20. Beatrice says:

COCO Mademoiselle. I want to bathe in it. Citrusy from the bergamot and exotic from the patchouli. J’adore!!!!

21. Mrs. Parker says:

Fracas by Robert Piguet. I’ve tried many others but I always come back to this one. I think it’s the tuberose, which I adore.

22. I love Penhaligans store in London and have purchased many over the years.

My current favour is “Angel” Thierry Mugler.

Great post
    Helenxx

23. chic noir says:

I have so many but I think my current favorite is Tom Ford’s Tuscan Leather. It’s a very masculine scented fragrance but it turns heads. Coming in a close second is Donna Karen’s Cashmere

24. Kristina says:

My favourite for some time is Insolence EdP by Guerlain. it’s a sweet and strong perfume, but not for everyone

25. Mary says:

I love, love, love “Lauren” by Ralph Lauren. I started wearing it when I was single. I was told men would follow me anywhere if I wore it, and in fact there were times I’d have to run out of a store to escape a not so nice gent that was hot on my trail (scent). :D

26. A person necessarily help to make seriously posts I might state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this actual publish amazing. Excellent task!

27. Mary Moon says:

I love perfumes! I cannot leave the house without having any on me, even in the summer. I know crazy right? My favorite perfume of all must be armani mania. I love it, and I get awesome deals at http://www.mysticscenthills.com. I used to go to a local store which had very fresh but also very expensive perfumes, and I like to stock up on samples, or little bottles because I love variety. However they were almost every time rude because I was asking to smell so many perfumes hahha! I don’t care, now I go smell few perfumes and I go and order the ones I like from mysticscenthills.com because they are much cheaper and they’re perfumes are originals. Can’t beat that!

28. T says:

Ooooh , i am obsessed with perfume! OBSESSED! I have to keep trying new perfume all the time and one of my favourite things to do when i go to a mall is to many times, randomly walk into perfume stores & try out all the new fragrances :D
    My favourites are –
    Chanel -Coco ( my ‘signature scent . It’s enchanting.)
    24 The Gold ( This nondescript perfume that i had never even heard of until i chanced on it at the Dubai airport. And i stopped right in my tracks. And back-tracked. Not even kidding. Out of all the thousands of fragrances available, it was this perfume that made me stop my hunt. It’s THAT divine. Very strong! (its an unisex fragrance ,but my second ‘signature scent’. I don’t know how, but this is me! Maybe because one of my absolute favourite notes are sandalwood , amber & vanilla? Maybe.. ) It is a heady & deep combination of jasmine, amber, sandalwood & vanilla – a SEDUCTION potion i tell you!

29. T says:

And can i just say – i have been on hundreds of blogs, but i love the way you’ve designed your blog. So quaint & pretty :) . Reminds me of childhood & school – the lines !

30. T says:

Other favourites –
    YSL – Paris
    Calvin Klein- Beauty ( the amber note probably, but i absolutely love the drydown of this perfume)
    Clinique -Happy/ Happy Heart ( i can’t wear them any longer but for a long time i used to and they were my favourites.) Happy was one of ‘my’ first perfumes. Went through 2 bottles & then i couldn’t wear it . Happy Heart – looved it , so did the ex-bf. Went through 2 bottles. When he went out of my life, so did the perfume. Aah. Amazing how potent fragrance is :)

Davidoff- Cool Water (ditto . Wore it for a loong time until one day i woke up and couldn’t stand the stuff! Went through 2-3 bottles of it i guess that’s why .Lol)

31. T says:

Chloe – original. Never wore the stuff but the mothership used to when i was a child. Brings back memories of when i used to climb up to her dresser and take down the bottle & sniff it. Liked it since then so including it in my favourites list for memory sake. :)