Sep 13, 2011

The latest issue of New York Magazine is out this week with a fantastic profile of Zooey Deschanel, who is getting a lot of attention these days for her TV Show, New Girl. Some people say she’s too cute, too precious, too girly

She shoots back: “That people equate being girlie with being nonthreatening … I mean, I can’t think of a more blatant example of playing into exactly the thing that we’re trying to fight against. I can’t be girlie? I think the fact that people are associating being girlie with weakness, that needs to be examined. I don’t think that it undermines my power at all.”

Is she too cute? Yeah, cute like a fox.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 at 8:20 pm. It is filed under Blog, It Girls & Icons. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

18 Responses to “Zooey Deschanel, too cute?”

1. Sharmaine Ruth says:

Zooey is one of my biggest inspiration! I love her cutesy hipster style…I’ve totally turned into a mini her hahaha :) I’m so excited for her new show to come out!

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

2. I have always loved her. I’m so glad she’s successful! Great female role model.

3. Kolbie says:

I love Zooey Deschanel. Also, Emma Watson. :)

4. olivia says:

i love love her! can’t wait for her new show..

5. anna says:

I’m seriously in love with her. I aw her live in concert. It was just mind-blowing to be standing 50 feet from her. Her voice is so beautiful.

6. Diana says:

I LOVE Zooey! I agree with her wholeheartedly: what does it say about our society that femininity and weakness are one and the same thing? I hope her sitcom takes off. :)

7. Jaime Ramsay says:

She is one of my favourite actresses and seems to be genuinely intelligent and is so beautiful. Good on her for having such a real and biting comeback!

8. Londonzest says:

I adore her! And I saw the new pilot for her show and she’s hilarious. Theres no such thing as too cute. Yeah, shes no angelina jolie, but at least, she’s the real thing. LondonZest

9. Did I tell you I was just on her set last week? The show looks great! And I love everything about her. I do have to say, however, that I’m not a huge fan of this cover photo. I just think it looks overdone and too heavily worked … when she’s pretty adorable without any heavy lifting.

10. Jess Lucas says:

Shes great, and such a good role model for being yourself :)

Jess x

11. Krissy says:

Baah, no one can be too cute. That’s like suggesting baby animals are too adorable. Not possible! Silly “some people”. Don’t know what they’re talkin’ about. ;)

12. Madeleine says:

Love Zooey. Perhaps she is too girly and cute but I think that makes her so fabulous. I just adore her style. And if I recall, she wasn’t too girly in the movie “The Good Girl.” Her use of language in the movie was pretty interesting.
    -Madeleine

13. Teresa says:

You can’t be too cute ;) and Zooey is one of those persons we’d like for grilfriend, isn’t she?

In a Kardashian and other who-are-these-people-and-what-are-they-doing-in-my-mag-or-tv it is so nice to have this breath of fresh air.

Your blog is too interesting ;) and your posts too precious :P. See? For some too is a non-usable word.

14. Emma says:

I admit, I have a girl crush on Zooey, I just love her.

I’ve not heard of this show in Australia yet, thanks for the heads up!

15. PJ says:

good for zooey! she could beat back the naysayers with those eyelashes alone.

16. denise says:

she is indeed very cute!

17. Alice says:

Zooey Deschanel’s girlishness is what I love about her! Looking forward to watching her show :)