Oct 15, 2011

The Great Gatsby from V Tzaj on Vimeo.

A very cool video created by graphic designer and motionographer Virgilio Tzaj. He says: “Taking my love for this amazing story and pairing it with my love of typography, I made an opening title sequence. It was a labor of love and one of my proudest works.”

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 15th, 2011 at 4:19 pm. It is filed under Blog. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

10 Responses to “A Re-imagined Gatsby Opening Movie Sequence”

1. Chedva says:

Wonderful! This made me want to re-watch the movie.

2. This lovely, video made me instantly go to netflix to re-watch the movie. And of course, it wasn’t there. Boohooo!

xoxo,
    Courtney

3. Sharmaine Ruth says:

So lovely made! :D I’m so excited to read this book in class!

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

4. Richard says:

I must admit i haven’t watched the movie for the longest time, and it does seem kind of topical!….but how is that silky smooth rendition of ‘blue moon’…. gosh!…golly gosh even! ….those first few notes , just pure silk! Thank you for your impeccable taste once again Tina! <3

5. Kailey says:

Ahh this is jaw-droppingly beautiful! *__* Thank you for sharing!

6. Karen says:

That looks amazing :)

7. Naomi Bulger says:

That’s fantastic. I love the typography! If I was a rich woman, I’d try to convince Virgilio to redo my website.

8. anonymous says:

This ‘designer’ blatantly ripped off these beautiful Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps, down to the drop caps & serifs, as well as the decorative elements. Copyrights may have expired, but still disappointing. It’s one thing to be inspired by something, or to create something new out of something old, but it’s another to copy it directly.

9. Movie says:

Hi, my name is Ziaur.A Re-imagined Gatsby Opening Movie story is a noble human quality. It is a quality that makes a man to think for others. A Re-imagined Gatsby Opening movie story is the most valuable and powerful element of success in life. If we make a list of successful person. We will find that their success depends mainly upon this great virtue.I write about my foodielicious adventure as I embark on my life journey like I’m feasting on a sumptuous buffet spread. I believe in living life to the fullest with so much to discover and experience like a huge variety of cuisines laid out in front of me. You can follow me on Twitter at @Calvintimo for interesting tweets!
    I’ve not fallen for nothing I expect them to try and get the bitrate as low as possible but lovefilm seem to take it even lower than what could be classed as acceptable and add this to what could only be classed as the worst library ever netflix has to be better. Add movie showtimes to iGoogle