Oct 02, 2011

Culture Overflowing
Over the past few years, I’d see this photo every so often on various Internet locales.
Every time I saw it, I would file it away with a note: Someday I want a staircase just like that.

This weekend I finally found the source:

The photo was taken by David Serra, a Zurich-based photographer. It’s a photo of a staircase at his uncle’s Paris apartment. He calls it “Culture Overflowing.” “I enjoy the rare times when I see him and his wife,” Serra wrote on his flickr page. “They perfectly represent the typical Parisian artist couple. I love them.”

David said he started to shoot his first rolls of film in 1999 when his father gave him his old Olympus OM-1.

“Although I was fairly reluctant to go digital, I am now exclusively using digital cam at the expenses
of my OM-1 unfortunately,” he says.

His photography is fantastic. (You can see more of it here!)

Hope you’re having a lovely Sunday!

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 at 7:21 pm. It is filed under Decor. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

17 Responses to “Dream Staircase (with Books)”

1. I love that photo .. I saw it on Tumblr not long ago and saved the picture to inspire me one day, when there is a staircase in my home πŸ™‚

2. Sharmaine Ruth says:

That photo is awesome! I wish I could do that with mine haha πŸ™‚

3. I love it but I know I would trip down the stairs or else never get to the ground floor. Far too tempting for me.
    Helen xx

4. Samantha says:

omg i love. my apartment is much like this staircase- books everywhere. constant inspiration πŸ™‚

xo
    sami

5. Pamela says:

This reminds me of the staircase in my favourite bookstore. John Sandoe Book, in Kensington. London. Fabulously eccentric place.

6. Diana says:

This is my dream staircase. Thanks for the background info! xx

7. Ceri says:

Culture overflowing is right. πŸ˜€ This is definitely my dream house.

8. Chuck says:

Ah! I want this in my home! Not that I have stairs… One day though. Book piles everywhere.

9. 0o0o0o I would be in heaven going down that staircase..(I have a slight obsession with books)…haha

10. This is a really beautiful photo. I really really love it!

11. that staircase is lovely.

12. That is a good use of books! Looks very studious. Always really liked spiral stairs!

13. toi β™₯ says:

it certainly is dreamy β™₯

xo,
    toi.-

14. veeria says:

This is amazing! If I had a pile of books like this in my house, termites will totally destroy it πŸ™

15. Emma says:

I love this! I have so many books, they’re falling out of bookcases and piled on top of our bedside tables. I really need to be a bit more creative with storing them.

16. jane says:

Amazing! Makes me feel better about my piles of books. I just wish I had the stair case.

17. marcus says:

this is a lovely photo, just amazes me with thoughts of the mind come up with,.. it gives me unique ideas πŸ™‚

All content © 2016 by English Muse