Jan 17, 2012

At the moment I can’t live without…

Ultra Repair Cream is perfect for cold, dry winter weather. It’s great as a face cream or hand cream. You can even use it as a make-up remover. (From Sephora).

My friend Elaine got me addicted to Chantecaille’s Rosewater spray, but at $60 a bottle it got a little expensive. Now I refill the bottle with Robert’s Rose Water — for a fraction of the price. (From Brook Farm General Store.)

I usually use Carmex for chapped lips, but recently I picked up a tin of Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm. Love it! (From Sephora.)

What are your top three?

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 17th, 2012 at 10:31 pm. It is filed under Blog. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

15 Responses to “What are your top three beauty essentials?”

1. I agree Tina, 60$ for rosewater spray, OUCH!
    Currently ‘Lasting Hope ‘ hydrating mask by Philosophy! I need this during winter months, plus all the travelling on the planes lately…
    I appreciate the light scent as well, so soothing to my tired skin. Certainly has become my new favorite!

2. Jen says:

Ooh… cannot live without my Lucas’ Paw Paw Ointment (for lips), my ID Bare Minerals powders, and Rosehip Oil for soft skin… best put on right before bed!

3. Tonia says:

Ooh, love prowling the skincare rows but always come back to these 3 favourites: Liz Earles Cleanse & Polish, atrixo hand cream (as used by my dear old Nan) and Carmex lip balm.

4. Routeless says:

I think my top three would be:

1. Avene’s Thermal Sprong Water.
    2. Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.
    3. Vichy’s Aqualia Thermal Gel.

5. Gabriella says:

I love reading about other people’s favorites. I’m a Clarins girl myself, so it would have to be Clarins Pure Melt (only for the winter), Kiehl’s lip balm (in the pot), and Clinique lid smoothie (subtle but makes my eyes brighten in the winter).

6. I use Rosebud lip balm before bed, for years now. Of course, now I have run out and there are no visitors expected to be my “mules” so I am using Avene Cold Cream lip balm and Roc lip balm stick. Anything Roc is good for me. I am allergic to so many products, Roc and Clinique work best for me, especially living in SA. I use only Cetaphil or Roc Mild Face Cleansing Milk.

7. Alexandra says:

I cannot live without cold cream, MAC liquid eyeliner, and minted rose lip balm :)

8. Rowena says:

I’m all about Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm as well. I also can’t live without La Roche Posay Eau Thermale and Bliss The Youth As We know It Toner.

9. Rachel says:

oooh I am dying to try these three out now.
    my top three are:
    1. Say Yes to Blueberries cleansing wipes
    2. LUSH cupcake mask
    3. any Philosophy body wash

10. Holly Marie says:

DHC’s olive oil line is my new obsession. I’d been slathering on my heaviest moisturizer to no avail, but weirdly their pure olive oil actually moisturizes really well without making me break out (or making me smell like a greek salad).

11. alicia says:

Neutrogena’s Hand Creme in fragrance free scent. I use it on my hands, feet, and elbows in the winter to keep the ash away.

Someone mentioned DHC’s olive oil – I also have to tout the benefits of oil, but I use jojoba oil on my face before going to bed at night. Keeps away the dry skin like WHOA.

12. Karolin says:

#1Vitamin B12, so good for my skin #2 Lush Coalface (made for Woody Allens film Annie Hall) #3 Body Shops Wild Rose Handcream SP15

13. virginia says:

Eucerin Plus lotion, MD Forte II facial cleanser, and Jurlique SPF 30 lotion. Have to add Ponds cleansing cloths – I hate to wash my face before bed, so this works for me.

14. donna myrow says:

My essentials are boring — Cetaphil Cleanser and Moisturizer (no animal products or perfume).