Apr 11, 2012

Hi!

It’s Marthe from the Freedom Experiment, and I’m going to be sharing little bits and pieces from my life every Wednesday while Tina is working. I thought I’d start with a little introduction!

I’m 25 years old, and I’m a creative Norwegian soul. I live in Oslo and I’m officially a law student. However, I spend far more time writing and blogging than studying, so I guess it would be more suitable to call myself a writer! I’m passionately interested in personal development, dreams, poetry, photography, books, style and decoration. I also love to travel, and this summer I’m going to visit Amsterdam, Sydney, Melbourne, San Francisco, Portland (OR) and New York. Maybe we can meet up? If you want to connect or read more from me, head over to The Freedom Experiment and I’ll be happy to welcome you there. However, as I said, I’m honoured to be guest posting on The English Muse every Wednesday from now on. Excited to meet you!

I thought I’d start with a few Instagrams from my daily life:

1. MT tape and my desk 2. My shadow 3. Relaxing in the sunshine 4. Carrot cake muffins with cream cheese and cherry jam 5. Carrot, spinach, beet and apple juice 6. The rooftops of Oslo 7. Having a boyfriend who’s taking a semester abroad (in Sydney) has it’s benefits! 8. A park in Oslo 9. Scented candle from Voluspa 10. Me reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M Pirsig

Thank you Tina for having me! See you next week!

I’d love it if you would comment and say hello! Where in the world are you located?

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 at 2:00 pm. It is filed under Instagrams, photographs and tagged with , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

26 Responses to “An Instagram Introduction”

1. I have tried and cannot figure out how to do this Instagram.
    I am on Tumblr.com also and would love to show photos using Instagram.

2. Manny says:

Hello there!! I’m reading your post all the way from Malaysia!! :)) You take very pretty Instagrams!!

• Marthe says:

Hi! :)

Where in Malaysia are you located? I LOVE Malaysia, I’ve been there two times, visiting Kuala Lumpur, the Perhentian Islands and Melaka. I’m SO coming back soon! :)

• Manny says:

Oh my what a coincidence that you’ve mentioned the Perhentian Island!! I just got back from the Besut Jetty today (one of the boat jetty to get to the island), picking up my best friend who spent the last couple of days at the island for her honeymoon. I myself have been there twice!! Do give a hello if you’re coming to the state of Kelantan!! :))

• Marthe says:

OMG, I love this! I miss those islands so bad now, hehe! :) We stayed on the Perhential Kecil, on Long Beach, and had the most amazing time ever with snorkeling, diving and sunbathing. We’re definitely coming back! We took the jungle railway overnight to Wakaf Bahru and I loved taking the train with lots of locals:) I’m so up for experiencing more of Kelantan and eat more Malaysian food hehe! :)

• Manny says:

Oh my friend did mentioned the Long Beach resort!! She said that if she ever going there again in the future that’s the place she’ll be staying. It’s the most happening resort there according to her. She stayed at Arwana or is it Awana. Haha..can’t remember.
            Well one thing if you’re really going to experience more of our food, get your tummy prepared for spicy food!! We LOVE spicy food here, but Kelantan is actually more famous among Malaysians for having sweet dishes really. Hehe. And do try Nasi Lemak!! That’s like our country signature dish! But then again be prepared for its spiciness! :))

• Miguel says:

Hi Marthe, I’m so glad that you’re ok and your family is safe. I have spent the last few days, so often thhguot of you and do not dare look up on your blog, if you’re okay for fear that it could not be. Stupid, right? What has happened is incredibly horrifying.I wish you, your family and friends all the best. caro

• Lecoccinelle says:

Wow busy, busy! Just saw your post at English Muse and loved it. Very curious about your unpimocg secret project Always chipping away at the dream going to take a few more steps this weekend, hopefully without overthinking them!

3. Liz says:

Hi Marthe!

Nice to meet you. I live in Mumbai, India. If you ever come here, I would love to meet you! I would have met you in Amsterdam instead, but I am not sure I’ll be able to make it.:D I feel like copy pasting your summer onto my life!:):)

Bless your travel plans!

Liz

• Marthe says:

Hi!

I’d love to visit Mumbai soon! I’ve only been to New Delhi, but I’m definitely coming back to experience more of India. :)

4. Charlotte says:

Hei Martha! Lovely to see your instagram photos, so clean and beautiful. I adore the view of the rooftops of Oslo :) See you next week

5. Hello from Down Under – we live in Melbourne and would love to travel to Norway.
    Warm regards.

6. Emma says:

Hiya Marthe! Great post :), I’m from Brisbane, Australia and am fascinated by Norway. Love your images but especially the little tartlets and the pretty rooftops.

• Marthe says:

Hi Emma, nice to meet you!

I have two friends doing an exchange in Brisbane right now, and they love it! So wish I could go there too:)

7. Michelle says:

Kia Ora from Auckland, New Zealand! I want to go to Norway one day and experience a midnight sun, and a polar night. Happy travels…

• Marthe says:

Hi!

I have actually never experienced the full midnight sun myself! We do have long summer days in Oslo, where the sun goes down, but it doesn’t get dark. Not like in northern Norway where the sun is fully up all night!

8. look see says:

Hi Marthe! I’m from Tasmania, Australia and it would be grand to visit Norway one day. I love your Instagrams! :)

9. Jane says:

hi marthe! i’m jane. i’m from melbourne but i’m currently living in london. and i would LOVE to visit oslo. i’m looking forward to your weekly posts!

• Marthe says:

Hi!

I lived in London last year and I’m visiting Melbourne for the first time this June! Love how small the world is sometimes:) Gimme a shout if you’re coming to Oslo for a weekend, Norwegian and Ryanair have cheap flights! :D

10. [...] •• I’m going to be a regular guest contributor over at The English Muse every Wednesday while Tina is busy with work. I’ll be sharing everything from photos to recipes to travel musings and music/art/inspiration, so make sure you follow! My first posts is going live later today with Instagram photos from my daily life in Oslo. Here is the link to my post! [...]

11. Lizzie says:

Oslo is amazing I went for a long weekend last summer and loved it! I love your photographs, they are so dreamy. I was wondering what kind of camera you used? Did you use a lomo camera or use instagram or some similar application? I really like the shot of the Converse and the skyline. Very beautiful pictures indeed!

• Marthe says:

Thank you Lizzie:) I used Instagram for all photos. I love the look it gives, and that it’s so simple to use. I have my phone with me everywhere, so using Instagram has definitely led to taking more photos!

All content © 2014 by The English Muse