Apr 09, 2012

Hello, lovelies!

It’s Hannah B. from Secrets of a Belle. I’ll be with you on Mondays for the next little bit to give y’all a little something to get your week off on the right foot. Today I thought I’d share a couple of April things that have been floating around my brain for the past week.

You know that saying “April showers bring May flowers?” Well, I love the April showers. I love opening the windows, when there’s just a little nip in the air, and listening to a Spring storm roll in. I love the promise that after going through something a little rough, there will be something beautiful on the other end. So here’s to April Showers!

Also, in true Tina-style, this week I’m going to be reading some Langston Hughes.
What about you?

Until next week, be sure to say hello on Twitter!
xo* ~Hannah B.

This entry was posted on Monday, April 9th, 2012 at 6:53 pm. It is filed under Decor and tagged with , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

8 Responses to “April Showers Bring…”

1. Luli says:

I love Langston Hughes! Though I can do without the April showers 🙂

2. Hannah says:

Haha! I suppose they aren’t for everyone 😉

3. Smallgood says:

That happens to be my favorite Hughes poem. My husband is taking a Hughes poetry course right now in his grad studies. There are so many terrific poems to choose from.

4. Mariana says:

I always think of T.S. Eliot with April (April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land…) A little more morose than Hughes, for no real reason
    That used to be my favourite song from Bambi! (Though there aren’t many songs in Bambi) 🙂

5. Karen says:

I love April showers, except when I’m planning a day out like today… Ah well, a bit of rain never hurt anyone.
    I’ll have to look into Langston Hughes. I’m reading George R.R. Martin at the moment. His Song of Ice and Fire series is just too good to stop after one volume.

6. Wendy says:

Oh, we LOVED this song when we were kids! It lasted with us long after the movie, as my dad recorded it into a tape for us. Sweet memories! xx

7. Hannah says:

Oh, wow! I’d love to be a fly on the wall in that class.

8. Dizzy Lizzie says:

This is so lovely! Love the words and the sentiment!

All content © 2016 by English Muse