Apr 20, 2012

Bon jour!

Today’s post will be short and sweet, I hope–this week’s been crazy-busy and I am looking forward to the weekend. My plans? Good books, good music, cooking and going to book readings. What are your plans for the weekend?

Two weeks ago I discovered this song and am playing it on a loop ever since. Never heard of Bon Iver before that and I just learned the band, in various lineups, has been around since 2007!

Bonne écoute + Smiles, Marta.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 20th, 2012 at 8:05 am. It is filed under Uncategorized and tagged with . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

8 Responses to “Bon Iver”

1. Hazel says:

I saw him at the Grammys. I know nothing about him except that his name is sort of a phonetic play on words for the French “good winter”. Bon
    Hiver.

• Marta says:

hi Hazel, the band founder Justin Vernon got the idea while watching an episode of Northern Exposure! smiles!

2. Blanche says:

It’s true, his music is sweet, sad and so thoughtful. It’s the kind of music that speaks to us Canadian’s so he’s been a household name here for a long while. I feel so lucky to have purchased tickets to his up coming show in May. There is a song on his new album called Calgary, named for the little city I live in. I’m so happy that you have found him. He’s really very lovely. xxoo

• Marta says:

hi Blanche–you’re so right about his music. and I’m 100% jealous about the show you will get to see. hope it’s everything you hope it will be and much more. smiles!

3. Camila Faria says:

Looove this song! And lots of other Bon Iver songs. He’s great! I plan on having a real quiet weekend, with lots of homemade lattes and great books!

4. Aya says:

Apparently I am woefully out of the loop as well . Vampire Wha ?? Sigh. So dnonppsiitiag that I haven’t found new music in such a long time. I’m just rediscovering stuff buried in my Ipod that I have haven’t listened to in a million years (a task born of necessity since I am out of gig and need to now pick and choose what I keep at what time). This week it’s Mogwai. I highly suggest. Akin to Portishead without the vocals and ..something else .I can’t decide what right now.Anyway!! From Kerry’s description it sounds like I would LOVE Vampire Weekend (since I love both 60 s pop AND Paul Simon’s Graceland with the passion of a thousand firey burning suns!). I shall have to check it out ..if I ever have time to do anything I want ever again ..yes, that was self-indulgent wallowing, thank you very much!