Apr 23, 2012

I am sometimes accused of being a cynic. I don’t mean to be; I just happen to value thinking through a situation from start to finish and being realistic. However, this weekend Husband had to remind me several times to look at the positive / keep on the sunny side / look for the silver lining, etc. etc. In that vein, I thought it may be a good idea to start this week off with a few laughs.

So, in the spirit of English Muse, I thought I’d share some of my favorite funny authors. One of the best books I’ve read in the past few months was Mindy Kaling’s “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?” Although, if you pick up this one up, be warned: you will giggle yourself silly! For this reason, I’d recommend you not read it in bed as it may disturb your bedmate. (A few other picks from some funny favorites: Sarah Vowell, Amy Sedaris & her brother, the very witty, David Sedaris)

Hope you have a *lovely* week!
xo* Hannah B.

Twitter  /  Facebook  / Pinterest

This entry was posted on Monday, April 23rd, 2012 at 1:00 pm. It is filed under Blog and tagged with , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

10 Responses to “Make ‘Em Laugh”

1. Hannah says:

love singing in the rain!
    brilliant post! I have to say though I am pretty much an eternal optimist, I can’t help but try to look for the bright side, or the positive things in people

raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

xx

2. Mariana says:

Singin’ in the Rain continues to be one of my favourite movies and an instant pick me up.
    Oh, I am dying to read Mindy Kaling’s book- just waiting for someone to gift it to me ;) Have you read Tina Fey’s Bossypants? That had me laughing out loud a lot of times in public spaces!
    Great recommendations!

• Hannah says:

I actually just picked it up in paper back! Perhaps that’s what you should do with Mindy’s book? I scored Bossypants for $11. Glad to know I’ll dig it too :)

3. Katie says:

I’d love to read all those books! I almost bought Amy Sedaris’ Simple Times book this weekend…but the hardcover is too much for my budget. Paging through it was good for a laugh, though!

• Hannah says:

Oh, honey! Paperback is definitely the way to go. my copy of “I Like You” is paper back and trust me, it reads just as well as the hardcover edition!

4. Mary says:

Really want to read Mindy Kaling’s book. It’s on my list!

5. Ceri says:

Donald O’Connor = my favourite dancer and performer from the Hollywood age. Let’s face it, this scene was better than Gene Kelly’s title song. ;-) Haha

6. Paul Jean says:

Can’t wait to get hold of the book!