Apr 13, 2012

Hello lovely readers! I am Jenny from Ginandmilkthings. I am Swedish but I live in London and have previously lived in Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Bremen and Sofia, so I really like to travel and explore new cultures. Therefore I  feel  honoured to be guest blogging for English Muse, joining such an inspiring bunch of international writers. Thank you Tina for this incredible opportunity! I will be with you on Friday afternoons, sharing some inspiration from London as well as some other bits and pieces that are close to my heart, starting with this colourful, newly opened candy shop.

Sugar sin was opened by two Swedish sisters in December last year. It offers a colourful variety of sweet treats, inspired by the Swedish tradition of “lösgodis”  (loose candy), which seems to be very popular with the English too. When I went there, I ended up buying a big bag of sweets, I couldn’t resist it! The shop has classics like blueberry bumlings, strawberry sherbets and rosy apples mixed with typical Swedish candy like liquorish snails, punch hedgehogs, soda pop fizz and crunchy chocolate croquant.

But what makes it really interesting is its interior, which is as dreamy as the candy it sells. The Swedish owners describe it as “Willy Wonka meets Alice in Wonderland”, which I think suits its character. There is an air balloon hanging from the ceiling, soap bubbles made of glass, quirky turquoise tables and black and white stripy floors. It is a perfect little place to visit on a lazy afternoon.

I would be so happy if you left a comment telling me a little bit more about yourselves. Happy Friday and see you next week!

This entry was posted on Friday, April 13th, 2012 at 1:00 pm. It is filed under Decor and tagged with , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

16 Responses to “Sugar sin”

1. Marta says:

yummy post, Jenny! so much eye candy 🙂

2. Alex (you know who ;) says:

Looks delicious, wish I was there Jen!

3. Routeless says:

I wish they’d open a branch in Buenos Aires! Please! Please!

4. Ellie says:

Wow, that candy shop looks awesome! I wanna go there. Thanks for posting 🙂

5. Vicki Archer says:

This shop is heaven… and perfectly described as a cross between Willy Wonka and Alice in Wonderland!.. Where is it .. in London? xv

6. Vicki Archer says:

Oops… just clicked on the link… silly me… and found where it is! xv

7. Dizzy Lizzie says:

Somehow, this reminds me of the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The place looks magical! Really, really awesome! What a find!

8. Honey says:

CANDY SHOOOOOOP!!!!! I love candies…. How I wish they’ll have a branch here in Philippines… everything looks delicious!

9. Karolin says:

Oh, I love it, the glass jars, the colourful candy, the striped floor (If it’s totally impossible for me to polish my kitchen floor, stripes seems like a good idea). This is kind of a modern type of my favourtite candy store: http://mariannekarolin.se/2012/march/lite-sa-har-tycker-jag-att-en-godisaffar-ska.html

10. Marthe says:

Whoa, this looks a amazing! Where is it located?

Also, so happy to have you as a fellow guest blogger:) I’m Marthe and I’m Norwegian. Hyggelig å møte deg! 🙂 Looking forward to your posts!

Marthe

11. MissLK says:

The burst of colors always ‘pick me up’ even before I taste the sweet jewels 🙂 I am quite a traveler myself, too having lived in Taipei, San Francisco, NYC, and now Singapore… In each metropolis I have my own favorite mood-lifting shops, too!

12. Jenny says:

Hej Marthe! Trevligt att möta dig också! Glad you liked the post 🙂 The shop is in Covent Garden, London. Looking forward to reading your posts too!

13. Jenny says:

Interesting to hear, I love discovering shops in new places too- especially if they make you feel happy!

14. Jenny says:

Thanks for all your nice comments! I look forward to blogging more for you 🙂

15. Wendy says:

Love the interior! My first thought was Alice in Wonderland – looks like so much fun!

16. So everyone’s been raving about how fab this place is and we at Barber Design totally agree! Having worked with the Anna and Josefin to come up with a fun and vibrant design, we definitely believe its the best sweet shop in London….possibly the world! Loved working on the project and the girls. So pleased with all the fab comments – it means so much to everyone involved!!

All content © 2016 by English Muse