May 25, 2012

I love riding my bike. It’s not a dream bike, but it will do for now. I love the feel of sun and wind on my skin. I like to ride fast. I sometimes have the impression I am almost defying gravity. I like to smile when I ride my bike. I shock everyone by smiling at them. I am smiling at everyone and no one in particular–I am smiling at the world, life, myself. Riding my bike has helped me overcome a debilitating fear of driving a car. Now I  love it and drive with a smile! Such a miracle for me to be driving and  thanks to my bike. What other blessings are in store for me while I ride my bicycle?

I like wearing nice things while I bike. Not exactly skirts–they reveal too much when I’m speeding, but a nice shirt, nice jewelry, stylish shorts, effortless yet cute hairstyle. Do you ride a bike? What do you usually wear? What is your definition of cycle chic?

Happy Friday Everyone and Smiles,

Marta

This is my dream bike–in white and with a basket, looking elegant and casual at the same time. And retro.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Marta, appearing Fridays on the English Muse.

This entry was posted on Friday, May 25th, 2012 at 8:05 am. It is filed under Fashion, Things to love..., Vintage and tagged with . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

7 Responses to “Cycle Chic”

1. Mandy` says:

All those bikes are so lovely! I wish I could justify the cost. Man. So fricking cute.

• Marta says:

yes, the bikes are pretty awesome-looking. i think that second-hand bikes are more affordable and that’s how I will be getting mine :-)

2. lucy says:

i think that white bike may be in memory of a cyclist who lost their life in that area, poignant comemorative.

3. Karen says:

I love cycling, especially now the weather in Belgium is so very warm and beautiful. My dream bike is also of the retro variety :)

4. Jen says:

Lucy is right. Usually sprayed-white bikes are meant to be in memory of a cyclist who died. That being said, PLEASE wear a helmet. None of those photos show a helmet and it’s just not safe.

5. Archana says:

I found your blog today. And i have to say, i love it. I cant help but notice how similar our preferences are. I had recently made a post on bikes. And here u have it. I am working on something about flats. You have it too. Now, i am trying hard not to be influenced by what i read here.

All content © 2014 by The English Muse