May 28, 2012

For you 50 Shades of Grey fans out there, I’m running a little survey: How do you picture Christian Grey?

Maybe like this handsome model (spotted on a flash sale site)?

Or dark and exotic, like this guy?

Or maybe like Robert Pattinson (apparently the author modeled the character after him)?

What do you think?

I always try to cast my favorite characters before Hollywood does…

This entry was posted on Monday, May 28th, 2012 at 4:50 pm. It is filed under Books. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

23 Responses to “How do you picture Christian Grey?”

1. Lora W. says:

The first guy is almost exactly how I picture him. The second guy’s hair is too dark and too long. Robert Pattinson…uh, no.

2. Shelagh says:

alexander skarsgard would be perfect.

3. Alicia says:

I picture this guy- he is just so yummy looking! http://pinterest.com/pin/129056345542037641/

4. gina says:

Ian Somerhalder was born to be Christian Grey!

• Lesley says:

Absolutely agree Gina – although, looks wise ( not sure on his acting skills but…hmmm anyway ) Adam Levine has that look. ( Lead singer Maroon 5 )

• melanie says:

Lol handsome yes…but his eyebrows freak me our lol

5. Maria says:

I’m currently reading the book and have to admit that when I think of Christian Grey I have the picture of Ian Somerhalder in my mind. But Matt Bomer could work it too! <3

6. I think the first guy would be a great pick. I picture Christian as more sexy than pretty.

7. Sue says:

Before I even picked up the book I imagined Grey being played by Ryan Gosling – which was very satisfying throughout the trilogy!

8. Melanie says:

Henry Cavill to be Christian Grey.He has the eyes and his body is amazing. He is definitely the perfect Christian Grey.I can see him being the hard ass and then the caring loving character that’s in the book.Check out some of Henry’s acting skills.He is also the new Superman that comes out June next year.I cannot praise him enough…..

9. alicia says:

Still a fan of Alexander Skarsgard as Christian Grey, but Ian would be nice, too. He may be a bit young, but Ezra Miller’s look is good, too.

10. stacy says:

I pictured Gabriel Aubry (Halle Berrys baby daddy) as Christian. Too bad he’s not an actor

• Jessica says:

I know I’m a bit late on this…but I pictured him as a young Dermot Mulroney. :)

11. karla says:

ok.. i can’t believe no one has mentioned this guy yet! chris evans!! oh wow
    hold me down!! http://pinterest.com/pin/180988478745436356/

12. Mackie says:

Christian grey has to be played by a beautiful masculine man, not a pretty boy with nice eyes. Josh Holloway woul be my choice, he just smoulders in Lost and he scrubs up pretty good too, check out the magnum adverts. I know he is too old but he looks so much younger with his new short hair and I think he could easily fit the part. Robert Pattison, please no, he is not Christian.

13. EdieC says:

Henry Cavill IS Christian Grey! He has the looks,the body,the eyes & looks great in a suit. (Seen his Dunhill Black ads on you tube) those ads are like a mini 50 shades movie. He was in Tudors where he played seductive,sexy,classy,playful,domineering & controlling. He also can do sweet & loving & do classy businessman as well as the painful submissive side) he can do it all. He also has that boyish smile & a smirk that says Oh what I’m going to do to you Ana! His piercing eyes would make any woman say yes to anything. Ian Somerhalder seems to be a fan favorite & I love him on vampire diaries but his look already says eveil bad boy & Christian is suppose to come off at 1st as a businessman but you don’t know he is a dominant till its revealed. Henry can look innocent sexy & yet convert to bad sexy dominant as well. For Ana I like Alexandra Daddario. She has the long brown hair,alabaster skin& blue eyes to big for her face as Ana is described. At 26 she looks 22 & is mature enough for the explicit scenes to eventually becoming a mother. They would look great together!

• Patricia says:

So far Raphaello Balzo and Gabriel Aubry are the nearest that I’ve come across in the looks department , or Alex pettyfer except he doesnt have the eyes. It would have to be someone who looks like this because he is obviously drop dead gorgeous.

• melanie says:

Totally agree on ana! she would be perfect…i hope they don’t choose that gilmore girls chick…Henry Cavil would do well too, but i can’t shake Alex Pettyfer! Lol

14. melanie says:

I would have to say Alex Pettyfer HANDS DOWN!! He is smoldering hot. He was the first guy that i pictured. Matt Bomer, Chris Evans, and Henry Cavill would do in a pinch as well. Lol

15. Tope says:

Handsome guys, but then not worthy of being adored.

All content © 2014 by The English Muse