May 01, 2012

Hello, dear readers. It’s me, Luli, from The Enchanting Butterfly.  I have been just so very busy that I haven’t had time to pick up a book. Tonight I’m going to take it easy with hot chocolate and a novel.

I’m about to start a book by Georgette Heyer (she wrote Regency romance).  It will be my first time reading her.  Basically, if you like romance and if you like Jane Austen, then this gal is your kind of reading.  She was quite the prolific writer and penned hundreds of books in her lifetime.

A vintage version of the book

What are you reading?

{Image via here.}

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 at 6:55 pm. It is filed under Books and tagged with . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

15 Responses to “What are you reading?”

1. At the moment, I am reading Family Album by Penelope Lively.. so far, I love it. I am big on mysteries lately too, my new favorite author is Imogen Robertson .. I used to read Georgette Heyer, haven’t in a long time. My sister in law has a real library in her home and that is where I can find old books like all the old Georgette Heyers 🙂

2. Meena says:

I love Georgette Heyers!!!! Can’t say enough about her books. I read the majority of her mystery novels and have now moved on to her romance novels.

3. Dizzy Lizzie says:

I am reading Nigella Lawson’s Kitchen. It is a lovely book! She talks to you through the book.

4. Rita says:

I’m reading Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran

5. Hannah says:

sounds brilliant! I’m reading Kerouac’s Lonesome Traveller and dreaming of far away places!

raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

xx

6. Hannah says:

At the moment I am reading Cloudstreet by Tim Winton. Loving it so far.

7. Fi says:

I love Cloudstreet! Winton has such a charming turn of phrase! What part are you up to? I think it’s been far too many years since I last read it – I’m going to pop in my to-read pile!

8. Fi says:

Nothing beats period drama! I’m currently reading ‘I am Charlotte Simmons’ and I have to say it’s a bit hit and miss! I’ll have to give a Georgette Heyer novel a try!

9. Melissa says:

Right now I am reading, “Catherine the Great”. It is an outstanding book. I can’t put it down. This is the kind of book when you finish it you feel like you have lost a friend. I would highly recommend this book

10. I’d love to hear how the Georgette Heyer book is! I’ve never read anything by her, but may be tempted if the Jane Austen comparison holds true. I’m about to start reading the novel Snobs by Julian Fellowes, hoping that it will provide a little British aristocracy fix in the absence of Downton Abbey.

11. Mayrozez says:

I have meant to read Georgette Heyer for some time. I love period romance and historical fiction and am currently reading Gillian Bagwell’s latest, The September Queen, based on the true story of Jane Lane, who helped Charles II escape to France until he could reclaim the crown of England. Exciting, romantic, sexy, and beautifully written. I highly recommend!

12. Luli says:

Wow. I want to be in your sister’s library browsing through her books.

13. Luli says:

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments. Wow, English Muse readers are such prolific readers and so intelligent!! Enjoy your books and I will keep you posted about this book.

14. John Bennett says:

I love Georgette Hayer too, he is a great author. Your sister’s library should be so equipped. What are some of the books that talk about relationships that I can find there?

15. I had to comment when I saw Georgette Heyer’s name! I’ve loved her books since I was a teenager. I don’t think The Black Moth shows how good a writer she was … try Frederica, Cotillion or These Old Shades (I could go on 🙂

All content © 2016 by English Muse