Jun 26, 2012

Happy Tuesday, sweet English Muse readers. I just finished reading Heartless by Gail Carriger (think Jane Austen meets Buffy in Victorian London). I think I might read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies next.  It’s been sitting unread on my night stand for over a year now. Except I think I need a vacation from vampires. What are you reading right now? And just to mix it up, what movies or shows are you currently watching?

xoxo

Luli

Not your mother's Jane Austen!

A scene from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Would Jane Austen approve?

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 at 5:33 pm. It is filed under Books and tagged with . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

7 Responses to “What are you reading?”

1. Kolbie says:

The Red House, by Mark Haddon. I picked it up at the bookstore because I’ve read another book written by him – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. I really enjoyed it, so I hope that his other book proves just as good. I’m only 14 pages into it, but so far so good.

2. valeria ortiz de zarate says:

hi, i’m reading Garden Party by Roy STrong. It’s ” delicieux “

3. Jenn says:

Im reading Abraham Lincon Vampire Hunter. It’s awesome… But I dOnt think it will be good to get you out of the vampire genre. ;)

Have a great day!

Jenn

• Luli says:

Haha, Jenn. I think you are right, although I am going to see that movie next weekend!! So I guess I can’t keep the vampires away. :)

4. Mandy says:

I’m reading “Butter” a new YA novel about bullying. I went to the American Library Association Annual Conference last weekend, so now I have a ton of Advance Reading Copies to go through.

5. Katie says:

I’m reading The Handmaid’s Tale. It’s one of the many oft-assigned for students books on my list of books I never made it to as a student, plus I’ve been on a dystopian novel kick lately.
    On an unrelated note, I’m teaching Pride and Prejudice right now, and based on Austen’s terrific humor, I think she’d grin at the play with convention and wince at, you know, the blood and such, were she to see P&P&Zombies.

6. Luli says:

Thank you to all for the wonderful recommendations!!! Happy reading.