Jul 31, 2012

For the first time in a very long time, I’m actually not reading anything right now. I am thinking about picking up Jennifer Weiner’s new book, The Next Best Thing. Her books always make me happy. What are you reading?

xoxo

Luli

{Incredibly cute image is from here.}

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 at 4:22 pm. It is filed under Books, Uncategorized and tagged with . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

16 Responses to “What are you reading?”

1. Jenna says:

Love that portrait! You can’t go wrong with Jennifer Weiner. I recently read Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead, which is the BEST book I’ve read so far this summer. Highly recommend it! I couldn’t put it down…she’s like a modern day Jane Austen!

Next I’m onto Paris, I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down by Rosecrans Baldwin for book club! I’ve also heard the best things about Wild by Cheryl Strayed and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

2. Dorothy says:

I just finished Broken Harbor by Tana French. Very good. Also, Criminal by Karin Slaughter, excellent. Check out my blog for new summer reading at the library. I ordered Wild by Cheryl Strayed on my Kindle and Gone Girl for the library as well. Ordered The Next Best Thing, it stays checked out!
    ~~Dorothy~~

3. Casey says:

Finished The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. Didn’t hate it but didn’t love it either. Currently reading The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet and absolutely love it! I always intend to read a few pages before bed and end up reading for two hours. Check it out if you haven’t!

• Luli says:

Casey, I should really check out that book, or at least read the sample on my Nook because I LOVED LOVED LOVED the tv adaptation. Have you seen it? I’m sure the tv show took liberties from the book, but it was a compelling show to watch.

• Casey says:

Didn’t know there was a TV adaption! Will definitely check that out once I finish the book. It is quite long and I’m about 3/4 done. The book can be a bit vulgar at points so any potential readers beware.

4. Wendy says:

I loved Pillars of the Earth! It was the first book I read after highschool, that wasn’t for study!
    At the moment I’ve jumped on the bandwagon, a bit late mind you, and am reading the Fifty Shades trilogy. Four of my close friends are reading them too, found of their own accord. It’s like Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Twilight all over again! People are just fascinated by odd characters and intense relationships. Even back in the eighties, who didn’t devour the Flowers in the Attic series?? :)

5. Naomi Bulger says:

I’m reading Eucalyptus. I’m about half way through and I can’t decide how I feel about it yet. It’s kind of musical like running water, but I’m on edge as I read.

6. Shulamit E says:

JenWein is awesome. Make sure to post a review.

7. Amelia says:

Ah Love the picture!

My pug as been blogging out this over at my blog. The trouble with a pug cuddle and reading.

I’ll be starting The Jane Austen Guide to Life tonight and hopefully book 2 in Stephen King’s Green Mile serialization.

8. Just finished Charlotte Street by Danny Wallace last night and have been itching to encourage others to share the experience so great timing! A charming read. Seating Arrangements is on my summer list – enjoyed it as well. I posted my list here if you’re interested: http://bedsidetablebooks.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/summer-reading/

I’ve been craving another saga to sink into along the lines of Pillars of the Earth … or The Thorn Birds.

Happy reading!

9. I just finished Gone Girl.
    I will be starting a new Charles Todd mystery next.

I love nothing more than atmospheric English murder mysteries :)

10. Luli says:

Wow. Everyone is reading such super interesting and fun books. I coudn’t get the Jennifer Weiner book from the library so I placed a hold on it and for now I’m reading another Jennifer Weiner book “Then Came You.”