Aug 24, 2011

Hello Weekend!

A little round up of interesting stories on the Internet today:

Facebook Targets Instagram with Photo Filters

A look at John Galliano fluffing Kate Moss’s wedding veil

California Earthquake Snobs: “I don’t get out of bed for under 7.2.”

Grace Coddington in Profile

Could Amazon Take Down ‘the New Yorker’?

I hope you’re having a lovely day. It’s hot here in LA, and I’m staying inside by the fan, reading French Lessons by Ellen Sussman. A book that’s also ooh la la hot.

(Photo by Cassia.)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 at 4:38 pm. It is filed under Instagrams, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

9 Responses to “Wednesday Media Bits”

1. Candice says:

Have a nice day Tina ! It’s already late here in Paris. How’s the book so far ?

• Tina says:

Hi Candice!
      The book is really just one rung above a romance novel. It’s about three Americans who go to Paris and end up having flings with their French tutors. It would be better if I were at the beach reading this instead of sitting in front of the fan. Even so, it’s perfect August reading!

2. Naomi Bulger says:

Ooh, interesting links (don’t worry Instagram, I will remain faithful). I love that photograph too. Such a sweet collection.

3. Emma says:

Groan. No offence to anyone who has uses Facebook but does FB ever do anything but copy other people’s ideas? Thanks for that link, I’ve passed it around to my friends who have a Facebook, hopefully they stay faithful to the original!

Couldn’t believe it about the earthquake! In NYC and other places that don’t usually have them. Hope everyone is ok.

4. Kailey says:

Ooh what a lovely photograph! That post about Grace Coddington is stunning – she seems like such an interesting woman!

Stay cool! ^^

5. Love these links, especially the earthquake quote!

6. Jo says:

Hmmm….I’m wondering if I’m one of those earthquake snobs. Yes, I think I may be! ;)

• Tina says:

Unless you’re standing right on the epicenter, a 5.8 earthquake can be really exhilarating. By the time you realize what’s happening, it’s over. If only all earthquakes could be like that…

7. Jane says:

The photograph of Kate and her dress and quirky John is just great!! Such a beautiful, gorgeous dress, I would never have wanted to take it off.

I can remember Grace when she was modelling she was my hero right after Jean Shrimpton. Grace is super, I loved her in ‘The September Issue’.

Have a wonderful week-end!

Hugs Jane