Dec 23, 2011

This post was inspired by two hours of listening to Tchaikovsky. It makes me wish I lived in a place where it snows. I also wish I’d stuck with the ballet classes. My posture would be better. Why do the holidays bring up so many regrets?

This entry was posted on Friday, December 23rd, 2011 at 7:13 pm. It is filed under Blog. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

18 Responses to “Christmas, Ballet & Tchaikovsky”

1. One of the most enchanting posts I’ve seen in a long, long time. Gorgeous and I wish right now it were snowing. You had me Tchaikovsky!

Wishing you a magnificent Holiday x

2. Karen says:

Such wonderful pictures.
    Well, it’s never too late to pick it back up. I started ballet again this year as a part of my musical theatre course and it’s interesting how quickly you progress again.

3. ohhh my, those pictures are breath taking..simply beautiful!!

4. sharon says:

beautiful post, lovely, lovely photographs…..merry christmas x

5. Susan says:

…because we’re looking back at a year. But it isn’t too late, no, to do some ballet. I’ve become enamored of the Ballet Beautiful streaming videos & there are DVDs now. It’s not quite the same as going to a class but you might think about that, as well.

As for the snow, can’t help you there. Does it make it any easier that us snow bunnies have been in the 50s/60s (F) so far? No? I didn’t think so. Maybe a little planning for next year? We sure would love to see you in the east. Merry Christmas, dear Tina.

xoxo

6. Laura Trevey says:

Merry Christmas to you Tina!!

xoxo

7. Stella says:

I wish I could go back to ballet too. Everybody regrets something in Christmas , but I try to smile everyday :)

8. gracey says:

The ballet dress is soooo beautiful! :) Makes me want to paint a ballet dress this holiday vacation.
    Merry Christmas English Muse! ;)

9. Joanne says:

Thank you for the lovely images. I look forward to going to the Nutcracker each Christmas but this year it just wasn’t in our budget. Your post reminded me of the magic. xo

10. Love these photos! I live somewhere where it snows, but it snows so rarely, I’ve been wishing of moving to somewhere where it snows more!

11. [...] Magical ballet found via English Muse [...]

12. Kailey says:

Absolutely gorgeous post – I have wanted to take ballet lessons since I was a child, but never got the chance!

13. [...] more white bliss to inspire y’all- the best, best, best from englishmuse.com – christmas, ballet, tchaikovsky- (and please…you’ve got to see all of the photos [...]

14. Monica says:

My 12 year old daughter has been in the Nutcracker 6 years in a row. Every summer she wants to quit ballet. Then, I remind her how much she loves performing in the Nutcracker & she toughs it out!!!

15. Odile says:

I love ballet, thanx ! The window remember me of the beautiful paintings of an american friend in Paris, I’m sure you would like it too : http://www.lindamccluskey.com/main_page.html

16. Between Nous says:

Beautiful Post!!
    And also OMG, because it is so true that during these holidays I was thinking a bit too much, bringing some regrets into my mind…but oh well…new year is here, so we might change some :) Happy New Year!! :)

17. Sweet Freak says:

Oh la la – those are the dreamiest photos!

18. Sara says:

Such an ethereal set of pictures! LOVED them :)

All content © 2014 by The English Muse